PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a year 2021 straight black sandblasted Peterson Ragaire 150 bulldog with an unmounted army mount tapered acrylic cumberland fish tail stem.
Peterson_Ragaire_bulldog150 .jpg

I finally decided on a name for BTS. He’s officially Harry the Hairy. Looks like a Maine Coon cat to me. And yes, he’s been neutered by whoever may own him. If anybody does.

Tomato the Brave walked with me for half of a couple of laps while I was walking earlier today. He ended getting distracted by a squirrel and chased it the length of three houses. When I came up the driveway, Abner the Eager was waiting for me, and I started scratching his head. I stopped to relight my pipe, and Abner didn’t like the interruption. He jumped up on the trash so I would notice him, and make it easier for me to continue scratching his head. I let him in eat, and then he hid behind m’lady’s chair for a snooze.
Abner_Trash.jpg

Then, I heard Sam the Scamp banging on the back door, so I let him inside to eat. Sleepy Suzy was on the arm on my chair when Sam came running in to the den, and jumped on my lap. Suzy was not thrilled at all by this. She jumped down and walked off. Sam got some attention from me.
Sam&Suzy1.jpg
Sam_Close_BMS.jpg

Molly Danger wanted to eat, but I couldn’t feed her with Tomato the Brave around. She gets nervous about him being near, and he’ll want to eat her food. I was going to put him out, but when I looked out the back door window, Harry the Hairy was waiting for me this evening. I knew that would be nothing but trouble for Harry as Tomato has gotten more aggressively hostile toward all the ferals, except for Daisy the Feral Princess (who has adopted Tomato’s attitude). I put Tomato on m’lady’s lap, and she paid him attention while Molly ate. I went outside to feed Harry, and he was delighted to see me. He meowed three times, and wouldn’t eat until I quit rubbing and scratching his head and back.
HarryLooksatMe1.jpg

Now, I have a new problem. Harry wants to come inside the house. With all the trouble I currently have shuffling ferals in and out while trying to minimize frightening Molly and Sleepy Suzy, there’s no way I can do it. Harry has spent the last hour sitting on the back door mat waiting for me. After I post all of this, I’ll bundle up and spend a little time with him. I never realized how much drama and work all of this create, but I’ll deal with it.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of 2019 C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Finally have a chance to relax.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Last smoke of the day is Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
@Birddog66 I think the Capstan suits the King's Clay! I've mixed the Villiger Jamaican & OTC Burley together to make it more palatable; would you like me to send you some when I send your baccy?
That’s ok Dan but I appreciate the offer. I’ve put together some special blends for you that I tested in my clay. I’ve called them Birddog Kings blend and Kings blend Dark which is pretty strong, as well as a few tins and samples.

Status
Not open for further replies.