PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Today's estate pipe is one I was really excited to get as part of an auction lot win. I've been wanting a lattice meer for a while now and this is a nice one. Maker unknown, but it has a coffee and cream swirl stem, it's good sized, and it smokes great. Packed with Sutliff D40 Vanilla.

Not bad for less than $20!

View attachment 203172

View attachment 203171
Paging @Chasing Embers

Here is another true lattice meerschaum. Now I've seen two and think the concept is amazing.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steel head trout and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm passing the half way mark on this bowl of Dan Tobacco The Mallard Flake Plus Perique in a straight smooth brown 2017 unbranded Upshall Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Here's an example of a pipe that didn't like the burley blend I had smoked in it previously as I'm breaking it in. I switched to a VaPer and am immediately getting better performance. When a pipe doesn't work well with a tobacco genre, a switch to something else often works for me. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
James Upshall_Canadian_Unbranded.jpg

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Now Smoking: Gently sipping-away on some of C&D's Yorktown, in my old faithful Dr Grabow: Omega, a smooth billiard, with bent plastic stem.

With it's "Fa-Ko" P-Lip styled button, this is drug store $34.95 pipe (at the time of purchase) is one of the best and most comfortable 'Natural Hangers' (sounds like a men's magazine) in my collection; and, makes it the perfect choice when tasked with the chore of cleaning the others pipes in my rotation - a dirty, nasty chore, which your humble and normally fastidiously clean narrator is currently engaged in.

Pipe_Cleaning_Coal_Miner.jpg

- Sherm "Dirty Pipes" Natman

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Old Joe Krantz original from C&D in a BC straight tapered billiard Rocaille with a wide silver-colored band. OJK is one of the Tarler original burley blends from their early days in Pennsylvania and North Carolina. The current C&D lead blender Jeremy Reeves has done a good job sustaining those old C&D favorites while doing plenty of new blends of his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.