PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Missed out on the 2021 POTY. Yours is gorgeous.
Thank you. I got all seven of them.
7_set.jpg

In case you missed this thread, you'll learn about my journey in getting them made, and getting the pipes here:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2021 unreleased Sutliff Black Virginia flake in a late 80's, early 90s James Upshall P DS Tilshead England Made By Hand L185 Canadian with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. I'm aging the plug version.
James Upshall P DS_L185 Canadian.jpg

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
Today… started with Folklore in a brand new Ardor I’m breaking in. Followed up by a freshly opened tin of Presbyterian Ordained trying it out. Then had some Fat bastard by Watch City Cigar in a Dagner Poker. Smoked a big bowl of Full Virginia Flake in a Sav 614 Tortuga, evening I smoked a bowl of Rattray’s Red Raparee in ann SMS Meer smooth apple, About the 4th time and I’m really liking that. Currently having Rattray‘s Stirling flake in same Meer. Prob get one more in before end of the night. :)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am nearing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2022 unreleased Sutliff Brown Virginia Flake in a straight smooth brown post-WWII Comoy’s Grand Slam billiard 27 Canadian patent 341422 with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Time to clean a few pipes.
Comoy’s_Grand Slam_27billiardC.P.jpg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Stoved MB Vanilla Flake in the Chinese Lumberman (Roadtown) with a wee dram of the Water of Life and more book! First time stoving and trying the Vanilla Flake... i am wondering what it might do with the vanilla flavor.. will report soon.!
View attachment 201003
jar note was great! vanilla and sweet tobacco.. loaded very easy, took straight to the flame, tasty and smooth and plenty of smoke with easy sipping. light vanilla flavor/scent all the way through. vanilla perhaps muted a bit by the stoving. will have to line up the unstoved tomorrow to compare. 🧐

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Closing in on the last third of this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
Stoved MB Vanilla Flake in the Chinese Lumberman (Roadtown) with a wee dram of the Water of Life and more book! First time stoving and trying the Vanilla Flake... i am wondering what it might do with the vanilla flavor.. will report soon.!
View attachment 201003
I just started listening to this book tonight, very interesting. I love vanilla, I’ve never stoved it. Sounds like a good idea

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am not far from finishing this bowl of year 2022 Mac Baren Burley London Blend in a smooth medium bend 2011 Rinaldo Collection Fiammata Silver Line 7 Odea 04 flame grain bulldog with a silver band and a tortoise shell acrylic saddle stem.
Rinaldo Silver Line 7 Odea 04 bulldog .jpg

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
Athens and Türkiye are just across the Aegean Sea. Do you have any tremors?
Smoking Three Nuns tonight, in another MM corn cob pipe, from the modified series "Rusticob" as sold by Aristocob, a few years back.
Drinking a hot, red, spicy drink and reading the poem "The Lake Isle" by the "heretic" American poet Ezra Pound (1885 – 1972). I find it very nice and since it is related to our "thing", please allow me to put it here below:

The Lake Isle

O God, O Venus, O Mercury, patron of thieves,
Give me in due time, I beseech you, a little tobacco-shop,
With the little bright boxes
piled up neatly upon the shelves
And the loose fragment cavendish
and the shag,
And the bright Virginia
loose under the bright glass cases,
And a pair of scales
not too greasy,
And the votailles dropping in for a word or two in passing,
For a flip word, and to tidy their hair a bit.

O God, O Venus, O Mercury, patron of thieves,
Lend me a little tobacco-shop,
or install me in any profession
Save this damn’d profession of writing,
where one needs one’s brains all the time.

Keep calm good people and may God help and comfort the people of Turkey.

View attachment 200868
View attachment 200869

Status
Not open for further replies.