PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
Today's estate lot pipe is a Karl Erik freehand, hand cut in Denmark. This is my first and only pipe of this style and it's a really good smoker. Having large hands, the beefy size of it actually feels very comfortable. Not ideal for clenching, but great for a nice, long relaxing smoke. Packed with Amphora Burley Blend.

Not a bad pipe for less than $20.

View attachment 202374View attachment 202375
That’s a great deal!

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
A bowl of Derriston( Half and half Derringer andConiston Cut Plug). Hot Belfast black tea(Punjana) with a splash of milk. It's snowing here in mile high Arizona. If it sticks we just bought a 2013 Caddy ATS with all wheel drive and 39,000 original miles on it. I'll go out and slither around to see how it handles! It sure has plenty of power- 321 horses. Happy smokes,all.

Deano

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2022
Iowa
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am nearing the last quarter of this bowl of year 2022 Mac Baren Burley London Blend in a smooth medium bend 2011 Rinaldo Collection Fiammata Silver Line 7 Odea 04 flame grain bulldog with a silver band and a tortoise shell acrylic saddle stem. Lavazza Espresso, neat, is my drink.
How does the london blend compare to the original? I have a half pound or so of the original put back.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
3,000 posts under my belt. When do I get my honorary title? 5,000? 10,000? 100,000,000,000,000,000? I can get to that last one if I have to, but it'll take a while, and I'll surely take all the rest of you down with me on my descent into ultimate madness... 😃

Having an express lane taste of an 11 year old sample of SPC Plum Pudding, courtesy of @Streeper541 (thank you again, my friend!). 2011 was a pivotal year in my life, and puffing on this blend indeed takes me back. Using my MM mini-cob, the one-hitter of the pipe world. I know, I missed National Plum Pudding Day by one day. What's the punishment, tar & feathers, or pillory? nnnn

Speaking of feathers, bird report: California thrasher, White-breasted nuthatch, California scrub-jay, Oak titmouse, Steller's jay, White-crowned sparrow, Dark-eyed junco, California towhee, Mountain chickadee, Spotted towhee, Common raven, and Northern flicker.

Listening to some Italian lounge music, working on some sundry tasks around the house, and getting ready for one of my favorite meals, salmon fillet with butter, dill and lemon, garlic mashed potatoes, and peas.

February, Monday the 13th = Garfield's least favorite day. 🐈

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
How does the london blend compare to the original? I have a half pound or so of the original put back.
The newer version has more vanilla, and the chocolate is silky, and not as deep in flavor. It's not the leading factor that it was before. Also, the very mild rough note from one of the burleys, which I always found attractive, is missing because of the heavier toppings tone down the burleys. And possibly, another burley substituted. I gave the original four stars. The new version gets three.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
View attachment 202291
About 10 years ago I bought this GBD at what is now called Nashville Cigar in the Green Hills area of Nashville, TN. I don’t remember the name then. It was very inexpensive because of the replacement stem. I originally intended to get a new stem with GBD logo put on it. After smoking it a few times I decided not to. It’s a quality job by whoever put this stem on it. A fine smoking pipe!
Weren't they called Uptown?
And were owned by Music City Marketing?Some smoker correct me if I'm mistaken.Nice Billiard, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.