PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
mMZRdPBh.jpg

the common eastern wild turkey which will confuse and anger me in about two months

Ennerdale leftovers with coffee
Agreed,
I love to hunt turkeys. They are at times the wiliest of creatures and then do the oddest of things that confound you. But, thats what makes it so fun and rewarding!
I called in a huge eastern Tom for my son to shoot on a Hunt we went on in Iowa. awesome memory. In Idaho it’s mostly Miriam and some Rio grande.

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
Good morning guys. Smoking now the first third of Capstan Gold, in a MM Charles Cobbler. Nice temperature on Saturday, thank goodness the sun is out. We are not even used to 46.4 °F degrees here. Disconnected from the forum, due to work and other life worries. Missed you guys already. Hope you are all well. I wish you a happy Saturday, and may God protect and bless you always.View attachment 199657
Good to see you pop in at least. A day feels different when I don't see your posts first thing in the morning.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Trying to decide what to smoke in this new to me ‘61 root Dunhill. Tiny little thing, good for cold weather and work breaks. Side note: I recommend episode 291 of the pipe mag podcast. It is an Eric Hollenbeck Interview, he has led such an inspiring life, had me tearing up. We need more Eric’s in this country, in this world. View attachment 199769
Whoops, it’s a bruyere

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Happy b-day @reloader !

Drying some Rouxgaroux (sample) for later, to go in my Barling bent egg. I need slow smoking training, the Barling is long overdue for a workout...two birds w/one stone. Speaking of which...California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, House finch, Oak titmouse, California towhee, California thrasher, White-crowned sparrow, and Common raven.

For the record, I had a last-minute change of heart yesterday and went with Drew Estate Central Park Stroll in lieu of MacB Vanilla Cream. Got all nine holes in, shot a 38. Not bad for not even swinging a club for three years!

gabe ninth hole.jpg

barling.jpg

McConnell’s Red VA in an old Dunhill, and my new “smarter phone” 😂
View attachment 199735
Dial M for Modern! 😍

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with an orange on the side. Just finished smoking year 2001 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Interesting looking tamper. It reminds me of another device I use on a regular basis, can't be.
Hmm, if you had one of these I’d be shocked. It’s a tamper, I turned it from a naval bronze shaft that came out of the No.2 boiler feed pump on the USS Barry DD933. Far as I know I got the only one. It’s concave on the top and bottom with the top being slightly smaller than the bottom. It’s pretty much the only tamper I’ve used for about 15years.EEE22FA0-7307-40F7-885B-EE9AE1125457.jpeg216B4007-B929-46D4-9203-5C0D19A2FA95.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just passing the first third of this bowl of year 2022 unreleased Sutliff Brown Virginia Flake in a straight smooth brown post-WWII Comoy’s Grand Slam billiard 27 Canadian patent 341422 with a black vulcanite saddle stem. I aggravated a sore foot during my last set of walking reps, so I'm skipping the second set to give it a rest. Getting ready to watch an episode of McCloud.
Comoy’s_Grand Slam_27billiardC.P.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.