PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Gotta ask ,Have you noticed some kind of difference with the aging process of this blend ?
None at all. Eventually the topping will weaken in a tin, so I'm smoking up my tins. Tubs hold the flavors better. Generally, aros don't improve with age because the toppings prevent the tobaccos from aging as one would normally expect. Long term, if the toppings in an aro fade, the tobaccos may age, but I am talking many years in this instance. And generally, I find long term aged aros have a less attractive flavor.

Last edited:

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

St. Bruno: Ready Rubbed in a Meer...​

JF8XvBC.jpg

Winterreise

Lifer
Oct 21, 2020
Montréal , Québec
None at all. Eventually the topping will weaken in a tin, so I'm smoking up my tins. Tubs hold the flavors better. Generally, aros don't improve with age because the toppings prevent the tobaccos from aging as one would normally expect. Long term, if the toppings in an aro fade, the tobaccos may age, but I am talking many years in this instance. And generally, I find long term aged aros have a less attractive flavor.
Thank you for the info ! Good to know i can keep it in the tub that’s exactly what I’m doing

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
SE WI
Daughters at school, wife's at work. Finished doing some stuff around the house, so now it's my time. I don't start my new job untill Thursday. Brought my whole glass jar of perfectly dried Carter Hall into the garage, and enjoying a bowl in my SMS meer apple, while having some root beer to drink.

PXL_20220201_184514738.jpgPXL_20220201_184750182.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.