PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
A wet and miserable day (nay, week -almost non-stop rain since Tuesday, with more predicted for the forthcoming week),
Brightened by company, in the person of one of my pipe-smoking mates who came to share a new blend and show off a few pipes he picked up recently at a local auction house.

First bowl of JamesFox's Bankers Blend

On a Stanwell Shape 156. A bent Bulldog designed by Jesus Chonowitsch.

And with it a glass of Nonino Quintessesia (an Amaro)

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Smoking KBV The Patience of Dr. Silence in a Dr. Grabow: Commodore 65 Zulu, dated from 1967-1969, vulcanite stem, metal screw-in tenon, no stinger.

Be healthy and well everyone! ❤️

Don’t let the drama of life drag you down, my fellow pipe smokers! :)

@RevBriar Sam’s Flake is amazing, I don’t see how any pipe smoker would not enjoy it. It’s a light VA, sweet, nice floral flavors going, really amazing! ?

04FFA755-C97B-4C7D-9B57-8BBD12A682D2.jpeg

42CCED30-F5B2-4CA0-B149-54F1A2A6FB38.jpeg

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
Thanks for passing on that idea. I'm going to try that on the coffee maker tomorrow. Is it as simple as just putting a pipes worth into a jar and leave it on there until it reaches desired dryness? With the east coast humidity, I figure it's going to be easier to just dry as needed. If I like how it works, I'll pick up a mug warmer.
If the tobacco is in a tin I just open it and put it on the mug warmer for hours until its dry enough. If its bulk I put it in mason jars. I usually use small jars for the stuff I keep out to smoke and put that open jar on the mug warmer. I've had some really wet tobacco on there for as long as 8 hours. The jar can get pretty hot so be careful. I've also had to mix the tobacco around. The Smoker's Pride Cherry probably won't take that long. Drying it really helps. Its can have a bite straight from the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.