PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with a small slice of cheesecake for dessert. I've about a third of a bowl left of year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching a Tim Holt western.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Samarra in a coloring bowl atop the meer. This thing really work ? ?
View attachment 130973
As an experiment I’ve been using a coloring bowl for several hundred smokes on one of my meers. It has never been smoked withput it. The coloring is slower, but more even, at least with this pipe.

I do enjoy the quality of smoke you get with a coloring bowl but it comes at the price of additional hassle.

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
Inquiring minds want to know the story behind this accidental purchase.
Well, I was looking for something else and out of sheer curiosity I clicked on pipes. It was after 10 p.m. EST and they’re usually long gone by then - but it showed six available. I thought, no way this one is still available this late…must be a mistake. So, since was available and I liked it I thought it wouldn’t hurt to fill everything out and be greeted with - “sorry, that pipe is no longer available” - but instead it said the transaction was successful. Come to find out - their server crashed (imagine pipe smokers causing that kind of trouble…) earlier in the evening and they had to get it back online. I just happened to pass through when it was working again. So, it’s my president’s day special to celebrate the original GW’s birthday. ?‍♂️ Smokes great - and it’s different from other styles I have. And I like the color and grain pattern - so, a win. Didn’t want to spend that much - but…Boswell’s are nice pipes, IMO. So, an accident…we all have them.

JKoD

May 9, 2021
IN
Finishing dinner at local Mexican joint. 2 modelos and some tacos later waitress asks if I need dessert. No I reply. I’ve got some delicious baccy drying for me waiting to scratch that itch.

Wilke PB&C in my Sav 626. soooooooo good. View attachment 131187
I’m not a huge aro fan, but PB&C is a pleasure to smoke. It’s great stuff ?

Skink

Sep 21, 2021
Ronkonkoma, NY
I now use a coffee mug warmer and set the jar or tin on it for a while like @cosmicfolklore suggested. Works well too.
Thanks for passing on that idea. I'm going to try that on the coffee maker tomorrow. Is it as simple as just putting a pipes worth into a jar and leave it on there until it reaches desired dryness? With the east coast humidity, I figure it's going to be easier to just dry as needed. If I like how it works, I'll pick up a mug warmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.