PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
A tin that wasn't where I thought I put it caught my eye at lunch so what the heck. This 2018 McClelland 221B "Black Shag" is indeed dark if not almost uniformly black (you can find some brown in there, I assume a lot of age has influenced it) and I dropped some into the Peterson Sherlock Original --- this is some smooth stuff. The other thing which struck me as interesting is it generates a Sherlock-ish cloud of smoke even when trying to sip slower and slower - came out nice and dry, so no clue as to the smokiness and not complaining!

A3F99A54-F221-4D0D-B800-E73E25BD039B_1_201_a.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2015 Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9703B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9703B_pot.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
C&D Tuggle Hall, burley based with Latakia and Perique, in a Rossi Vittoria prince. For a burley based blend that is rated on the strong side, this is a smooth smoke, mellow even, if you don't push it. Bills to write; trash carts to get to the curb; re-writes on an essay that was too long for its intended audience, to make it ... longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.