PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Morning everyone, starting with C&D Mocha in my ‘69 Donegal Rocky. I’m waiting for my supplier to get some stuff in but I just received some samples today. Ennerdale Flake, 1792 Flake, Black X Twist and Thomas Radford Sunday Fantasy (apparently that one hasn’t changed since 1700 so it’s gonna be like smoking a little bit of history). I’m gonna start with the Fantasy because it seems the milder of the four and then go Ennerdale, 1792 and save the Twist til last.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I’ve just tried the Sunday Fantasy and it was very pleasant, lightly floral with a little sourness towards the end but nothing extraordinary. I’m trying these samples in small Bantam bowls which is probably a mistake because I’m not giving them a chance to grow in the bowl. I’m trying the Ennerdale now and it’s gonna take a few more bowls to form a proper opinion. It does make me want to try the Erinmore Flake though and perhaps Condor. 1792 up next.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I filled up my Ornsby pipe for the 1792 Flake. This blend could have been made especially for me, I’m loving it. Strong, rich, smooth, everything I’ve been looking for. I’m happy too that I’ve discovered what Tonquin bean tastes like, my supplier said it was vanilla-y but I can’t actually put my finger on what I’m getting, (Tonquin I guess) couple more bowls of the sample left but I’m ordering more tomorrow I think.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of Watch City Blue Ridge Special in a 2012 smooth reddish brown medium bend Peterson 03 Red Spray apple silver spigot with a tapered black acrylic fish tail stem. Busy doing some house work.
Peterson03_Red SpraySS copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.