PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
MB Dark Twist Roll Cake, in a virginia dedicated cob (partially rubbed out and packed last night), with coffee/ Italian sweet cream creamer (sugar free).

This tin was purchased and jarred in January of 2018. I tried it several times, as a newbie and fried myself. I couldn’t understand all the reviews about sweetness, depth, honey, etc... I tried it a few more times over the next two years, slightly better. I had better technique and understanding of tastes, but still not great for me. Back in the cellar to forget for a while.

This morning it’s 3 years and two months old, with at least 9 months to a year without being touched. Wow! What a difference. This is now a really nice smoke. Sweet, rich, easy light and burn. I can taste the Virginia characteristics. I’m considering buying a few tins or bulk and put notes on them do not open until 2024?
That's how I do it. Age is very kind to that blend.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of Greeneyes Bright Virginia Crumble in an undated (1970s?) unbranded straight paneled sandblasted Tanshell Dunhill second with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Time for another set of walking reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.