PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have passed the first third of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaican Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
I hope you kept notes. The best blends I've ever come up with are those where I've tipped the remains of one or more tins into another and then can't remember what I've mixed with what..
I really did just eyeball it. 😁 But I’d say it was about 40% DFK, 40% red Va, and 20% bright. As I got about halfway through the bowl, I was wanting a little less “earth” and more Virginia anyway, so perhaps equal parts of everything would be even better. Stay tuned!

Tate

Lifer
Sep 27, 2023
Northern Illinois
I agree with that. Elizabethan is a lovely smoke with a gorgeous nose scent off the bowl. It makes a wonderful sipper. A favourite of mine. If you like that you'll probably like Irish Cask as well, if you haven't tried it already. Very similar with a gently sweet whisky note. Both lovely. I'm intending to dedicate my new Chacom to these Petersons if they get on with each other.
Will definitely give that Irish Cask a shot!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a second set of walking reps and feral drama came with it, which I will write about later. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem.
Wessex_bent.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.