PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigEd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 19, 2023
Franklin, TN
Ok.This is interesting. At least to me. I discovered that I had a couple of zip lock bags with just a smidge of Dorchester from about 2003 or earlier. They were, of course, dry as dust. I flicked a few drops of filtered water on it a few times over the course of a couple of weeks. It feels like smokable tobacco. So I loaded half a bowl into one of my smaller Savinelli Autographs. Not bad. Starting off it had a bit of an antique smell. Not in a bad way. Kinda reminds me of my spinster aunt Louise’s house when I was a kid. As I get farther down I‘m starting to get somewhat more of a normal viper taste. The sweetness is almost totally gone. Like 90%. But this is not unpleasant. Not something I‘d do on purpose but very smokable.

IMG_0059.jpegIMG_0058.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am passing the half way mark of this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Tate

Lifer
Sep 27, 2023
Northern Illinois
Had some MM150th in My Clarin while I watched some Sar Trak: TNG. I prefer this image, the bowl has some colour now, the first looked ghostly.

View attachment 268407

Green Tea with a bowl of PP SR in my cobbler right now, fuddling in forums.

View attachment 268408

I'm very pleased with both of these two new pipes.
Awesome pipes man! That clay is looking awesome!

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
Three or four years ago around this time, I made a fun blend for the holidays. Sutliff was on sale, so i got frosty mint, mocha, and their blending Burley. Mixed it all up. I'm smoking it for the first time now in a Portland bent bulldog and I can't tell if I love or hate it. Could probably use more mocha or burley.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Smoking some 2020 Hal O’ The Wynd in my JH & Co. Silver Capped Calabash.
IMG_0431.jpeg
Accompanied by a Stroopwaffle and an Iced Tea. The most damnable thing about catching COVID is the fact that I’m now feeling at least 5 years older with ailments a person five years my senior should have; insomnia being one of them. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine being up at 2:00 am smoking a pipe to pass the time, but here I am. I imagine this too shall pass?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Near the half way mark of this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. I'll end the day with this smoke.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.