PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwayslit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2018
DC/Tampa
Dear friend. Fantastic photos. I'm fascinated by that photo of the iced coffee, next to the beautiful pipe. On those roads of the United States. And those brand new trucks, like that red one in the photo. I only see that in amazon prime movies.

Thank you for the kind words, sir! The ice coffee went down rather well this morning since it was warm.

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
Capt. Earles Ten Russians in a Peterson 264 while smoking another Boston Butt in the rain.
I Marinated them for 24 hrs in a sauce of sea salt, ghost peppers, artisan vinegar and grape-leaf olive oil. This is the first one after shredding.View attachment 268832View attachment 268835
I've never marinated my butt (my 6th grade humor gets me every time). Is there a noticeable difference in flavor?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost finished smoking early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. It's been raining for hours so no walks for me today.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Friendly Piper

Might Stick Around
Sep 22, 2023
Northern Virginia
IMG_4270.jpeg

I started today’s smokes a bit late and set the following line-up:

(1) Cornell & Diehl Hebraica—Morning Light / “Boker Or” in a Shalom Pipes squat Rhodesian (the briar was discolored by a friend’s ill-advised OxyClean bath, but I had Matthew Hayes of John B. Hayes Tobacconist restore it to smoking order).

(2) Peterson/Dunhill—Elizabethan Mixture in a Missouri Meerschaum / C&D Kingston Judge that I’ve made my dedicated cob for this blend (I also have dedicated a briar and a maple to it).

(3) Mac Baren—Royal Twist Deluxe in a Missouri Meerschaum Spindle Hardwood so I can see how this blend performs in a different medium than the briar, cob, and morta.

Update on last night’s smokes: I ran three bowls of tobacco through the Mr. Brog 112 morta for its inaugural smoke and nothing fazed it. Those three were: Peterson Nightcap, Warped Kings Stride, and Mac Baren Royal Twist Deluxe (I wanted to see if the more delicate flavors of the last blend were affected by the strength of the first two—they were not.)

Status
Not open for further replies.