PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkitoATL

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
Lane 1Q and GH American Delite in this AUGUSTA Danish Styling pipe made in Israel. It had a faint cherry ghost and, wow, did these two really pop in this bowl.

This $10 estate find is a really intriguing style pipe, love the feel and the balance, but I struggled with it for a while since it doesn't have a filter. The secret to a fantastic smoke was... meer chips. Filled it about 1/3 with the meer chips and had a fantastic 1Q smoke. Gave it a little puff to clear the ash, then loaded the AD. Smooth smoking. The meer chips work some real magic, esp with the aros.

IMG_9166.JPGIMG_9167.JPG

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steel head trout and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've a third of a bowl left of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. I certainly picked the right pipe for this blend. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Time to clean a few pipes.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
SE WI
I always had faith in you.

Think I'll order a few more pounds while still on sale.

And smoke a little in this kk.

View attachment 268111
I have 3lbs in my cart....but I may wait till next time hahaha. Love that pipe, reminds me of my Punto Oro which had become my favorite most often smoked pipe. I love the color, the blast, everything. Just like yours.

H

HRPufnstuf

All over the map with pipes today:

Plum pudding in the clay. That was good.
Paradoxical in the little meer. That was good.
More Paradoxical in the Brigham. That was good.

I hope it snows soon so I can start skiing. Otherwise my winter order will need replacement by St. Valentine's Day.

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
The one thing that kept me from pulling the trigger was that random looking mammoth button to fill in a hole on the bamboo. Didn't seem to go with the pipe. It is quite beautiful otherwise.
Yeah I don't know what a piece of mammoth tusk is worth, but it seems superfluous, especially if it adds to the cost of the pipe. It's not a selling point for me. Especially in this case. I loved everything else about this pipe though and was a little sad to see it go. *sigh*
thank god someone else bought it so I can stop.
:ROFLMAO: Amen brother.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Very elegant meer!
I has actually forgotten about it. I bought it during a sale back in October, received the package, put the box in my tobacco closet for later inspection, and just remembered it today. The billiard next to it is 7 inches long with a 2 inch chamber depth so the meer is of significant size. Definitely a keeper.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Yeah I don't know what a piece of mammoth tusk is worth, but it seems superfluous, especially if it adds to the cost of the pipe. It's not a selling point for me. Especially in this case. I loved everything else about this pipe though and was a little sad to see it go. *sigh*

:ROFLMAO: Amen brother.
That type of embellishment can be really nice, I just thought it was too large

Status
Not open for further replies.