PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and passed the first quarter of this bowl of Wilke Back Bay Light in an undated straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Sterling bulldog 150 with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. This blend has much less perique (10%) than the regular Back Bay (which was my idea that John Brandt blended). This version was my idea, too, as I wanted a lighter VaPer for this pipe.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Sterling150.jpg

Here's a few more photos regarding my previous feral update.
Sam_LooksUp1.jpg
Sam_Scratch2.jpg

Sam_LapAgain.jpg

Dave760

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2023
Pittsburgh, PA
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and passed the first quarter of this bowl of Wilke Back Bay Light in an undated straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Sterling bulldog 150 with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. This blend has much less perique (10%) than the regular Back Bay (which was my idea that John Brandt blended). This version was my idea, too, as I wanted a lighter VaPer for this pipe.
View attachment 274151

Here's a few more photos regarding my previous feral update.
View attachment 274153
View attachment 274154

View attachment 274157
Every time you put up pictures like this, I act like I'm really close to a cat:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Near the last quarter of this bowl of Ascanian No. 1 in a straight smooth dark brown 1930s (Comoy’s) The Exmoor Pipe 283 chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Spent some time outside making sure Sam the Scamp and Abner the Eager didn't bother each other while dining. I stood between them to make sure, and they knew it, too. It's still cold and raining. Ice water and bergs is my drink. I thought about making more coffee after that, but the pot is in the dishwasher. Oh well.
Comoy’s_The Exmoor Pipe 283 Rhodesian.jpg

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
SG FVF in my MM Morgan. It’s a cool but still night on the porch.

IMG_2826.jpeg

My practice is to only buy a little bit of these high-demand SG Virginia blends at a time, and then save them for special occasions. I can tell that my technique has improved a lot since I last had this in a pipe. It’s staying lit better, not gurgling/hissing as much, and I’m getting more flavor and sweetness when it’s in the zone.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
image.jpgJust got in after a long long flight. Back in Missouri in the Ozarks. Smoking McBaren Latakia Rolls In my Stanwell HCA given to me long ago by my late mother. Once again back in Missouri now to bury my dad’s wife. But this may be it for me. My bipolar criminal sister is just too much to deal with and she inserts herself into everything good and leaves it spoiled. TMI. YES it Is.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a big and tasty Snap Dragon apple, and have a third of a bowl left of year 2021 first production Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. I'll end the day with this smoke.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I’m feeling a rough after yesterday but it’s nothing a little more coffee won’t cure. Just got in from a walk on the beach with WeeBay and a bowl of GH scented Dark Flake in the old walkabout Civic and I’m moving on to some Erinmore in a medium Kaywoodie billiard from a matched grain set. View attachment 273961View attachment 273962View attachment 273963
This last picture is for John72, Newhaven lighthouse.
Incredible scenery.
thank you, it’s even better on the rare occasions that the sun is shining. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.