Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
RDF in my MarTelo billiard.

IMG-1080.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of 2019 C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Getting ready to download a bunch of cat photos.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

Trainpipeman

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2021
Rhode Island
First time posting on the WAYS thread, don't know why I was so hesitant but here goes LOL.

Breaking in my new Mark Tinsky Christmas pipe with some Mac Baren Navy flake. Thoroughly impressed with this pipe, my first Tinsky (or artisan for that matter) and definitely won't be my last. This Navy flake is really easy going smooth smoke, I was turned off by Burley in the beginning but this tobacco is really changed my thinking on Burley.View attachment 274036
That is a nice-looking pipe.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of Wilke Wall Street Light in a post-WW2 straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 3 Shamrock bulldog with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This blend has much less perique (10%) than the regular Wall Street (which was my idea that John Brandt blended). This version was my idea, too, as I wanted a lighter BurPer for this pipe.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Dublin3_Shamrock.jpg

It’s rained all day, and I let Daisy the Feral Princess in because she goes to my studio to sleep, and doesn’t cause any trouble. I haven’t seen Tomato the Brave at all. Abner the Eager showed up and wanted in, so I let him eat inside. But Sam the Scamp suddenly showed up and snuck into the house before I could close the door. He waited until Abner ate, and after some growling by Sam, Abner came into the den by my feet for safety. Sam ate and stayed in the kitchen for a short while, but came to the den and growled at Abner who ignored him. I made sure Sam saw me rubbing on Abner so he’d understand that Abner was wanted here. Sam jumped on my lap for attention, bathed himself, and then he walked around behind the den chairs not knowing what to do. Finally, he jumped on the sofa and laid on the clean sheets. I rubbed on him, and he nibbled on my hand. Then licked the spot he nibbled on.

Sleepy Suzy was a couple of feet away from him, and Sam started growling at her. I scolded Sam about it and starting rubbing on Suzy who was quite calm; much more than I expected. That let Sam know she was okay, and he stopped growling. An hour has passed and both cats are snoozing’ in their respective spots. That’s some progress although Molly Danger would not handle this well at all. She’d chase Sam to the back door. So, when Molly comes out, Sam will have to go outside or there’ll be nothing but trouble. I don’t see that changing because Molly absolutely hates the ferals.
Abner_Stretch_Foot.jpg
Sam_Bathe1.jpg
Sam_Suzy_Staredown.jpg
Sam_Snooze_Couch.jpg

Last edited:

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
The next bowl of Penzance is in a morta by another acclaimed master of morta, Davorin Denovic
This rather garish piece was bought in the days before I became enamoured with the understated classical lines of old Britwoods 😁o

3DDC33C7-FFD5-40C5-8F12-55189EC2E93E.jpeg

The draw in this Davorin is noticeably more open than the preceding Prammer.
The Latakia is still ever present. But the flavour is airier and less focused .

I definitely prefer a tighter draw

Status
Not open for further replies.