PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

haebar

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2014
East Tennessee
Smoking some Peterson's Royal Yacht in a Genod apple. We had the Knoxville Pipe Club Christmas Party on Wednesday night and had a good showing of seven members. Lots of food offerings and cookies, not to mention bottles of Rye and Scotch. But nobody drank enough to get impaired for driving. Later we had the White Elephant Gift Exchange.

Genod-apple.jpg

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Hahaha you’re the second person to tell me that they owned this one 😂

I’d be concerned if I hadn’t smoked it yet, but it smoked just fine for me yesterday. Other guy felt the button was too thin, but I prefer sleeker buttons.
That is great news! Even with two owners, I think it’s been smoked no more than 5 times! Such a pretty blast, but it had to go! 😂

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Good morning. A bit disconnected lately. I am smoking a mb virginia flake bowl, in a Charles Cobbler MM. This is going to be a tough Christmas, as my brother, who is 55 years older than me, is in the hospital very seriously, with an irreversible illness. I just wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May love, the warmth of family, friends and loved ones reign in your homes. May peace reign in your hearts. May God bless and protect you always, dear friends. View attachment 272638
So sorry to hear this. Praying for you and your family.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Esoterica And So To Bed in a straight post-1981 GBD Prehistoric 133 billiard with brass accents, the letter K stamped on the shank with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Been quite a while since I smoked this pipe. Chatting with a good friend.
GBD_Prehistoric 133_billiard.jpg

RobNYC

Lifer
Dec 10, 2021
Queens, N.Y.
Good morning. A bit disconnected lately. I am smoking a mb virginia flake bowl, in a Charles Cobbler MM. This is going to be a tough Christmas, as my brother, who is 55 years older than me, is in the hospital very seriously, with an irreversible illness. I just wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May love, the warmth of family, friends and loved ones reign in your homes. May peace reign in your hearts. May God bless and protect you always, dear friends. View attachment 272638
I am very sorry to hear this. You have my best wishes in this very difficult time.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Dear J,J ,May the force be with You, all the best and blessing from white North, Paul

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I’m so sorry to hear that John and I hope having family with you at this difficult time is a comfort to you both. 🙏

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Clearly an educated woman with remarkable taste
I couldn’t believe it when I lit up swr aromatic and she was like “ew what is that? That’s not what you normally smoke.” I told her it was an aromatic and it was supposed to smell good but apparently it didn’t. Haha. I dumped it and lit up Pegasus and she said, “That’s much better.”

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
The shops were chaotic and a total nightmare but I’ve got most of the shopping done and I have enough booze to last til well past New Years after which I’m drying out for a good long while.

I’m now relaxing with a custom blend of Golden Extra with a little of C&D’s The Beast and a dash of Latakia which I’ve decided to call “Sphinx’s Blend” because of its enigmatic and contemplative nature, it’s in a 70’s era Barling pick axe paired with a Scotch I’ve not tried before but am really enjoying, Aerstone Sea Cask.
I’m watching Kind Hearts and Coronets with the genius Alex Guinness playing twelve different roles, if anyone here has not seen this British classic I thoroughly recommend it. image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.