PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
@JimInks keep pulling out those forgotten pipes. Some of them are really cool. Do they not smoke as well as your normal rotation or simply not as much your current taste?
My collection has greatly expanded the last couple of years so quite a number of pipes I smoked before that had gotten lost in the shuffle. No other reason for it as many of them are great smokers and had a lot of action before the expansion. I'm going to revisit more of them while I have the time.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I ordered a small quantity of GH Dark Flake the other day thinking it was the flake version of their Dark Shag but it’s not, apparently the shag is very similar to Stonehaven and RDF which I’ve been longing to get my hands on. GH needs a bit more imagination when it comes to naming their blends imo. Anyway the note when I opened the bag almost put me off smoking it, it smelled like Turkish Delight, rose water although nowhere near as heavy as Grassmere. Fortunately the nose on it didn’t translate to the smoke and although I won’t be getting more I will finish what I have. I smoked it this unmarked pipe that was owned by a chap that worked for GBD in the first half of the last century. It’s a lovely little thing but does have a couple of unfilled holes in it. The long cutty behind it is also one of his pipes and has a slight inclusion on the shank which you need to look very hard to find but would have kept it from being retailed. I’ve never seen either shape as GBD before so they might have been experimental. I’m going to pack the cutty with 3/4 Golden Extra and 1/4 Vanilla Roll Cake. Have a wonderful day folks. View attachment 271913
@Birddog66 Where do you order your baccy from now you can't get it from Smokingpipes without paying excise duty? Glad I got to try the Musketeer when I did... Do you think the GH Dark Flake would suit the King's Clay? @simong says I need to get some Cannon Plug for the Sealed Knot re-enactment next month, as it's rumoured to date back to the Civil War in the 17th Century. Might leave the Grousemoor Plug uncut until the Battle of Nantwich re-enactment...

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Aaaah - afternoon off to do some piddly things around the house, some online last minute shopping and getting things ready for a little pheasant hunting on Friday! First, Peterson Sherlock Holmes Professor Iora and WCC Santa’s Sack in the garage with some holiday tunes - bring on Christmas, I dare you! IMG_3538.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.