PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a second set of walking reps, and am close to finishing this bowl of the freshly made Wilke Wall Street Light in a post-WW2 straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 3 Shamrock bulldog with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This blend has much less perique (10%) than the regular Wall Street (which was my idea that John Brandt blended). This version was my idea, too, as I wanted a lighter BurPer for this pipe. This is the first time I have smoked this pipe which will be dedicated to this blend.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Dublin3_Shamrock.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Wilke Wall Street in a 2013 straight black sandblasted Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baker Street with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite fish tail stem. I'll smoke at least a couple more Pete bulldogs or Rhodesians today.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes Baker Street.jpg

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
Brown Sugar Flake in a Pete SH Hudson

52891001285_44eec95671_o.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I'm debating between two Lovats. One is oil cured Rind, the other a regular Rind. Decisions, decisions!

If you don’t know it, the Radice brothers have been buying briar from Baldo Baldi’s daughter that is aged over 20 years, making pipes, and Luca from Tabaccheria Corti has been selling them.

I’m certainly not the pipe expert around here, but of all the pipes I’ve smoked this has been the finest, and if you’re eyes are on Radice, if you see what you like, can afford, this is a no brainer.

Anyone that’s after a Radice should actually keep their eyes out for these. ;)

Luca keeps getting these from Radice too, hopefully they’ll be more coming for a while.

This is my Clear Bent Dublin with Baldo Baldi briar aged over 20 years, in case you’ve not seen me post it before in WAYS. I’m so fortunate I scored it.

6645D7C9-617D-45FF-A6EE-736694E9B73E.jpeg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
2020 C&D Sun Bear 🐻

In a 1901 Sam McLardy & Co. Meerschaum with a Vulcanite stem. ‘S Mc L’ inside the triangle on the band. Silver hallmarks, left to right, Anchor, Lion, h.

I’d never heard of Sam Mclardy until I saw this article, and it interested me to learn.

Later I contacted @ashdigger to learn about Mclardy, and to my surprise, was generously gifted mine from him last year. ❤️

Thanks @Dutch Pipe Smoker for the article, and you too again Tim! ❤️

Happy Holidays and New Year to you both! 🎄 🎁 🎉 🥳 ❤️

Be well everyone! ❤️

4D843740-6948-4001-B415-4B74C8E40331.jpeg

534C7958-7DCD-49B9-8A5A-579816991027.jpeg

Last edited:
H

HRPufnstuf

Had two bowls of Sutliff English #1 in my figure meer today while watching The Fall of the House of Usher - definitely a binge-watch series. Deep dark smoke to go with an ominous production. Neither of them for the faint of heart.

P. S. The possibility of a cross country skiing season here diminishes with every day, it was above freezing today, again.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Maple Shadows, now almost half way through the tin.

PXL_20231215_001839671.jpg

Had two bowls of Sutliff English #1 in my figure meer today while watching The Fall of the House of Usher - definitely a binge-watch series. Deep dark smoke to go with an ominous production. Neither of them for the faint of heart.

That's one of my favorite English blends.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
If you don’t know it, the Radice brothers have been buying briar from Baldo Baldi’s daughter that is aged over 20 years, making pipes, and Luca from Tabaccheria Corti has been selling them.

I’m certainly not the pipe expert around here, but of all the pipes I’ve smoked this has been the finest, and if you’re eyes are on Radice, if you see what you like, can afford, this is a no brainer.

Anyone that’s after a Radice should actually keep their eyes out for these. ;)

Luca keeps getting these from Radice too, hopefully they’ll be more coming for a while.

This is my Clear Bent Dublin with Baldo Baldi briar aged over 20 years, in case you’ve not seen me post it before in WAYS. I’m so fortunate I scored it.

View attachment 270063
I currently own two Radice T/B pipes and that about enough for me. The only other shape I’d like (and that they sometimes hit spot on) is the Shape 55. But it can be a Castello or Radice. The Shape 55 is either done right or done wrong (IMO) and I’ll know the right one when I see it. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.