Of all the money that ever I had
I spent it in good company
And of all the harm that ever I done
Alas! It was to none but me

And all I’ve done for want of wit
To memory now, I can’t recall
So, fill to me the parting bowl
Goodnight, and joy be with you all

What sorrows one finds in the parting bowl. Down to the last of my three-year old Peretti’s Blend DD. And what great company it has been. The dark nuances sing more boldly in their aging. The sweet-sour Burley refrain that now abides its lovely melody would make any Irish man cry like a baby, me included.
thumbnail_IMG_1935 (1).jpg

Tried my first bowl of C&D John Marr in my Savenelli Arcoboleno. Nice blend: toffee-like topping comes through up front, but stops well short of being cloying. The tobacco itself - VaPer and Cavendish - becomes more pronounced on the back half. Burns pretty cool with minimal relights. Happy to have it on han

View attachment 269515

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
View attachment 269202Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Oil Cured Radice Rind with Condor, thank you @JOHN72. Celebrating my mother’s life even while making her funeral arrangements. This smoke is a needed break from the siblings.My mother bought me many pipes over the years. She raced motocross, shot in black power shoots and was a legendary hunter and fisherman. She was also a German. We affectionately referred to her as both the Hun and the panzer tank. She was a force to be reckoned with and even when I was 18 she could pin me in a wrestling match. She once held up the back end of a 56 Chevy when the Jack was moved while changing the Wheel She cold cocked two women who insulted her and dropped them clean out with one punch. A force of nature, she could rip a door off it hinges as easily as flinging cast iron skillets at my idiot dad. We will miss her and know that there was no one like her ever.
Absolutely incredible. What a woman and what a life! Cheers to the memory of your badass mom! May she live forever in memory and spirit!

rsshreck32

Lifer
Aug 1, 2023
Western PA
Please do give an update once smoked.

I see quite a few personal favorites in you cellar... nice selection
That's a good cigar. A nice spice that gets a little milder throughout the smoke. Easy smoking cigar from start to finish. It has a creamy, woodsy flavor throughout to me. I'm going to pick up a handful of these so that my son and I can enjoy then while he's home on leave from the Army.

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
Of all the money that ever I had
I spent it in good company
And of all the harm that ever I done
Alas! It was to none but me

And all I’ve done for want of wit
To memory now, I can’t recall
So, fill to me the parting bowl
Goodnight, and joy be with you all

What sorrows one finds in the parting bowl. Down to the last of my three-year old Peretti’s Blend DD. And what great company it has been. The dark nuances sing more boldly in their aging. The sweet-sour Burley refrain that now abides its lovely melody would make any Irish man cry like a baby, me included.
View attachment 269513
One of the greatest songs of all time. If you haven't heard it, I recommend the version by Cory Seznec:

...and of course the version by the Wailin' Jennys:

Either one will be fine at my wake!

Status
Not open for further replies.