PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christos D. Tsatsaronis

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Good Friday to you too Χρήστο!
Love you call it Turkish, as it is Turkish :D No doubt you've read Η. Πετροπουλος "Ο Τουρκικος Καφες εν Ελλαδι"?
Γεια σου Ορέστη, hello Orestis, yes I've read the book. It was called Turkish coffee also in Greece till some decades ago, the name was turned to "Greek" coffee after the "troubles" with the Greek population of Istanbul in the 50's - 60's, as a "revenge". I remember, as a child, people still ordering a "Turkish" coffee in the coffee shops...

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Γεια σου Ορέστη, hello Orestis, yes I've read the book. It was called Turkish coffee also in Greece till some decades ago, the name was turned to "Greek" coffee after the "troubles" with the Greek population of Istanbul in the 50's - 60's, as a "revenge". I remember, as a child, people still ordering a "Turkish" coffee in the coffee shops...
Indeed, in fact most open-minded people still call it Turkish (as it's also called in the Balkans!), Arabic coffee is somewhat different, mostly because it includes spices such as cardamom, eucalyptus bark etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.