PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
My very first smoke of the Xmas holidays.
Having my 5yo granddaughter busily buzzing around the house means no opportunity for a smoke the past few days.
She is off visiting off visiting friends with her Mum this afternoon, so peace and quiet for a couple of hours, and a welcome bowl.

Breaking in my new arrival, the L'Anatra canted egg/tulip with oval shank and stem.
Love the way the sandblasted grooves follow the curve of the bowl/shank.

A bowl of Silliem's Black

A very warm day, so a glass of ice cold chrysthemum flower infusion
image.jpegimage.jpeg

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
Anthology in an unfinished Savinelli 644 and Old Gowrie in the brand new Savinelli 606 EX. The bowl coating in the east 606 tasted horrible. I think I've removed most of it with some alcohol. I'm traumatized enough to leave it alone for a day or so before putting some more tobacco through it.

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
Anthology in an unfinished Savinelli 644 and Old Gowrie in the brand new Savinelli 606 EX. The bowl coating in the east 606 tasted horrible. I think I've removed most of it with some alcohol. I'm traumatized enough to leave it alone for a day or so before putting some more tobacco through it.
Seems as though some of the makers put some nasty bowl coatings in their pipes. I've heard several members comment on the acrid taste. My Rossi was that way. Horrible experience. It went away after a few smokes. Hope yours does as well.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of 2021 Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.