PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Good strong C&D Big'n'Burley in a Jerry Perry smooth freehand pocket pipe carved from a somewhat unusual wood for pipes, cocobolo, which requires some safety awareness for carving. It's a nifty compact pipe with jaunty asymmetry with a snazzy deep orange/amber colored stem. Jerry doesn't sell online, only at The Village of Yesteryear at the N.C. State Fair in October, and the TAPS pipe show, when it happens, in April. However he does do pipe repair from a site online. He works in briar, maple, and mountain laurel, but I believe the cocobolo was a one-off. In addition to this and another pocket pipe, a sort of tomato shape with a sturdy thick amber-color stem, I have several of his full-size pipes in briar and mountain laurel. He's sort of a best kept secret for North Carolina pipe smokers, out there in Colfax, N.C., toward the mountains.

Winterreise

Lifer
Oct 21, 2020
Montréal , Québec
Going to have Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Loose Cut as the inaugural smoke in my new srv Aladdin Meerschaum that just arrived today. I couldn't resist the graceful lines of this pipe, plus, it was on sale.

View attachment 116640
I ordered blindly one pound of vanilla cream as occasional aro , how do you like it for a vanilla aro? Thanks

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finishing smoking Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark brown medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a vulcanite black tapered AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Had a fun chat with my favorite niece.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Going to have Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Loose Cut as the inaugural smoke in my new srv Aladdin Meerschaum that just arrived today. I couldn't resist the graceful lines of this pipe, plus, it was on sale.

View attachment 116640
I bet that’s a very tactile pipe, I’m interested to see how it colours, please keep us posted.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Closing in on the half way mark on this bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a straight smooth brown 1950s Comoy’s Tradition 305 apple military mount with a sterling silver cap and a black tapered vulcanite stem. This should get me to dinner time.
Comoy’s_Tradition305_apple_militarymount.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.