PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
A friend gave me a few bowls worth of Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls from 2005. Smoking them now in my Savinelli Caramella. I usually just rub coins out the same way I do flake, but today, I tried my friend's method, which is to fold the coins twice and stuff them in the pipe. Then sprinkle some small bits on top to help ignite the pipe. And I have to admit, it is tending to behave better, it's staying lit and burning nice and slow. This is how I'll probably smoke coins from now on. And wow, this is great tobacco.

View attachment 116252
Three Nuns - admittedly considerably smaller coins - not rubbing out is the method recommended by the manufacturer in the 1970s/'80s
20210211_071614 (1).jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, sock-eyed salmon and sugar snap peas dinner with a slice of Collins Street Bakery fruit cake for dessert. It's the only fruit cake I have ever liked. I'm smoking HU Rocinante HU Cervantes (Gran Reserve Limitada 2 Anos) in a smooth straight pre-transition Barling 313 T.V.F. EXEXEL pot with a black ebonite saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching a documentary on Leonardo da Vinci.
Barling_EXEXEL_pot.jpg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, sock-eyed salmon and sugar snap peas dinner with a slice of Collins Street Bakery fruit cake for dessert. It's the only fruit cake I have ever liked. I'm smoking HU Rocinante HU Cervantes (Gran Reserve Limitada 2 Anos) in a smooth straight pre-transition Barling 313 T.V.F. EXEXEL pot with a black ebonite saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching a documentary on Leonardo da Vinci.
View attachment 116464
People either love or hate fruit cake. I grew a fondness for it in my younger years. My wife has a recipe that I really love. Next week is my birthday and she’s making me a fruit Cake!
Have a blessed evening!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
People either love or hate fruit cake. I grew a fondness for it in my younger years. My wife has a recipe that I really love. Next week is my birthday and she’s making me a fruit Cake!
Have a blessed evening!
With the exception of the one I mentioned, I have always hated fruit cake, especially the ones with dates in them. Glad you'll enjoy yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.