PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
St Bruno in a Falcon with blasted Bantam bulldog bowl. I like to dry this out a bit but it gets too crumbled if I put it in a dish. Now I pack a Falcon bowl and let it sit for an hour and I get less dust in my mouth.
@edger I've smoked a few packets of St Bruno Ready Rubbed in the clay pipes. Falcon pipes aren't my style but a couple of pipe smoker's I know in Chesterfield smoke them, including James who always lets me have a clay pipeful of his Clan. One of the re-enactors I met at the Bonnie Prince Charlie event in Derby was smoking Clan in his clay pipe; although modern I thought the tartan packet went with his costume. I smoked some Condor in the Markus Fohr clay pipe I got from @condorlover1 - I think it's fitting!!!
Should I keep it as a dedicated Condor pipe???

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@edger I've smoked a few packets of St Bruno Ready Rubbed in the clay pipes. Falcon pipes aren't my style but a couple of pipe smoker's I know in Chesterfield smoke them, including James who always lets me have a clay pipeful of his Clan. One of the re-enactors I met at the Bonnie Prince Charlie event in Derby was smoking Clan in his clay pipe; although modern I thought the tartan packet went with his costume. I smoked some Condor in the Markus Fohr clay pipe I got from @condorlover1 - I think it's fitting!!!
Should I keep it as a dedicated Condor pipe???
One of the spare bowls that has turned a brown color was used for smoking Condor Plug/Condor RR so just use that one lad. This is not rocket science Dan!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
One of the spare bowls that has turned a brown color was used for smoking Condor Plug/Condor RR so just use that one lad. This is not rocket science Dan!
@condorlover1 I thought I could taste the Condor in the clay pipe; got a packet of Condor to smoke in it. Didn't know Condor plug was still made but I've seen Condor Long Cut. I'll have to keep it as a dedicated Condor pipe then...

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost finished smoking this bowl from a first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Got a bunch of HU review samples today! :)
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
Finishing off a 2 year old tin of F&T Cut Virginia Plug so I can crack open a recently acquired tin of the same from 2014. One more flake to go after this one, cube cut and dropped into my 3-star “P” from Mark Tinsky. I haven’t had this pipe long, but it seems to be starting to darken a bit the more I smoke it, which I’m all for ?
765B58A2-9712-4925-94BF-EDCCB20E9257.jpeg

JohnClyde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 8, 2020
UK

Frasermac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2020
Experienced nearly identical a couple of days ago on a run - a sea of cloud with only the peak I was sat on and a couple of others in Lancashire visible. Sun, full moon rising. Incredible and dreamlike.
Aye, it’s been spectacular here over the weekend. Thick persistent fog on the coast and 2°, 300m up and it was 14° in the sun. One of the best inversions I’ve seen!
Spotted Snaefell on the Isle of Man 70k away 77AEB40B-FE97-4B03-94CD-95FDC8EFCA3C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.