PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Lane Limited Ready Rubbed in a no name Algerian squat Bulldog. I'm tasting quite a bit of similarity between this and the bowl of Stonehenge Flake I just finished. Anyone else notice this? SF has noticeably better quality tobacco, but the topping is really close. The tin of Stonehenge I have is very fresh, so I'm letting a tin age for at least a year to see if it changes appreciably. Makes me wish Edgeworth Slices were still around.13917

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Back in the game after a much longer than expected battle with a much nastier than expected virus.

Started with some Sutliff Match Victorian (Elizabethan) in a Scott’s Pipes Burner Blasted Tomato. How this blend is not consistently discussed as one of the best Va/Pers on the market is beyond me. A fantastic blend. And at that price? Unbelievable. Also, if you don’t have a Scott’s burner in your rotation yet you’re doing it wrong. For a $25-45 new briar pipe, you’d be hard pressed to find anything better.

Then had some C and D Autumn Evening in a MM Morgan Natural Cob with creamsicle Forever Stem. My first smoke with this blend. Meh. A nice room note but a mediocre aromatic at best.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, giant pork chop and lemon pepper tuna dinner with strawberries for dessert. Now smoking Ken Byron Ventures Fat Old Sun in a smooth medium bend straight grain 2001 Karl Erik Ekstravagant brandy with a leaf engraved silver band and a black acrylic saddle stem. Watching The Great Rupert starring Jimmy Durante.

Status
Not open for further replies.