PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
SH Cognac Mixture in a Medico Meer. I really enjoy this blend, and trying it this morning with a fresh palate and a clean meer was an experience. All of the flavors really popped. Then I took my first sip of coffee... Chinese food? The combo really tastes like soy sauce and funky wine vinegars. Still tasty, just a little weird. I think I'll relegate this to an evening smoke from now on.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a quarter of a bowl left of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Listening to a Russell Johnson interview. He sure had a poor memory.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Escudo in an Old England 730R (rustic apple). This was actually my first try of Escudo (the modern incarnation), and I have to say, to me it tastes a great deal like cardboard.
It was an excellent blend before they cheaped out by switching the Virginia to a Stokkebye one. Maybe some years of aging will save it? I know a bunch of Escudo lovers who won't touch it now.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I thought I would take out one of my 'foot longs' and I am not talking about a sandwich from the Subway shop! This late nineteenth century meerschaum is 12" long from tip to toe and I have not smoked it in ages. It is the perfect pipe for smoking whilst doing ones tax returns since a bowl of plug in this thing will happily go an hour and a half!

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
That’s the popular opinion. I’m moving to Davidoff Flake Medallions as my “easy to come by”, everyday Virginia flake.
I should try that Davidoff, gamzultovah. My go-tos lately have been Capstan Blue and SG FVF (or BBF), though I can only characterize the latter two as 'easy to come by' because I've stashed away a fair amount.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
It was an excellent blend before they cheaped out by switching the Virginia to a Stokkebye one. Maybe some years of aging will save it? I know a bunch of Escudo lovers who won't touch it now.
Thanks for the clarification, Jim. I may let it sit a while. Lately I've been hard-pressed to find an STG product I like, with the notable exception of OGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.