PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Yesterday's morning smoke: Rattray's Accountants' Mixture in a Marxman Super Briar smooth billiard. Today's afternoon smoke: Hunter's Delight (a B&M house-blend) in a rusticated Carey Magic Inch half-curve. Briar Lee recommended both pipe brands, and to him I say, "Thank-you!"

The Carey looks something like this:

View attachment 329645
Carey pipes are under appreciated. I have four. In fact, I just finished a bowl of Ennerdale in a Carey Featherlite blasted pot!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2004 Edgeworth Slices in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored tapered lucite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
PSF_KaywoodiePOY.jpg

JoeW

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
This morning I played heathen and slept in, then went outside to sit on the deck and enjoy the weather. I had another round of Rattray’s Red Rapparee, in the Falcon Plymouth bowl this time, to see whether it’s as good as yesterday’s bowl. It was, and it’s much more to my liking than EMP. I’m going to be sad to finish up the sample, so I’ll have to order a tin soon.

After the R3, I picked some berries: the thimbleberries are winding down, but there will be a lot of blackberries this year.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, cleaned a few pipes, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2021 first production Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Watching an old western.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

khiddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Had my first bowl ever of Captain Earle’s Ten Russians this evening, in a Mastersen Freehand army mount. Had some RL Seale Barbados rum, a little English Teatime tea, and water to accompany.

The tobacco was truly delicious, though I will say that the nic-hit was far less than I had been led to believe. Can’t wait to try the other Captain blends that I got along with the Ten Russians. (Nightwatch, Private Stock, Mystic Blend, et al.).

Attachments

• IMG_8644.jpeg
    IMG_8644.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 5