PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
So this was my Friday night - both new-to-me combo that I forgot to post.
The pipe is a keeper. Love it. (Peterson 314)
And while the tobacco is excellent in quality, it may not be for me. And I scratch my head and wonder why.
I'm beginning to suspect that cavendish "softens" a blend more than I generally prefer. I guess I like 'em bolder...
I've tried 4 or 5 bowls now, but may end up giving the leaf away, I don't imagine I will like it better in the future.
Strange - I can definitely state it's of good quality, but a bit uninteresting to my palate.

1723497434604.png

1723497476863.png

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California
GLP Samarra in a Ferndown Root bent billiard.

1712872548617.png

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Smoking a bowl of this Jamaican Flake from Gawith & Hogwarts in this Birmingham hallmarked 1900 meerschaum 'Cutty' pipe with post WW1 replacement stem. This tobacco was kindly sold to me by a forum member with a bunch of tins of other Hogwart blends and I must say I am suitably impressed with this offering. It is a mellow and flavorful smoke, not too wet with a pleasant room note. I wouldn't smoke it all the time but it makes a pleasant change from the usual Kendal blends that I favor. I am hoping to get this pipe to color right up to the foot by the end of August. I am using these amazing new wire birds nests in the bowl supplied to me by @simong which have really kickstarted the coloring process again and are just a little bit more durable than Philt Pads. Enjoy your evening everyone!

thumbnail-3.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the last quarter of this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This will get me to dinner time. Just finished cleaning a few pipes.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.