PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Big cooldown came in very suddenly this afternoon. Celebrated by relaxing with wifey with a bowl of Mac Baren Vanilla Roll Cake in an Al Pascia meer, paired with a glass of white wine. We are both very thankful to work for ourselves, and be able to stop at 4pm whenever we want to partake of such an activity that would be repugnant to any of our previous bosses! Well, repugnant in the sense that THEY should be entitled to do such a thing but not us lowly grunts. Poppycock! Okay, rant over...the smoke was lovely. 9/10

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Sharp-shinned hawk, House finch, California towhee, Hairy woodpecker, Oak titmouse, White-breasted nuthatch, Mountain chickadee, American crow, Western bluebird, and some sort of flycatcher or gnatcatcher.

al pascia meer.jpg

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Got busy today once I decided to buy a commuter car. The gas savings will be nice, but I really like my old Dodge 2500 and I love my Harley and really don’t want to rack up the miles on either for crap like getting to work.
So I haven’t had a smoke after the one this morning until it was chore time.
A bowl full of GH&Co Dark Flake Aro really hits the spot sometimes!IMG_1788.jpeg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
So this was my Friday night - both new-to-me combo that I forgot to post.
The pipe is a keeper. Love it. (Peterson 314)
And while the tobacco is excellent in quality, it may not be for me. And I scratch my head and wonder why.
I'm beginning to suspect that cavendish "softens" a blend more than I generally prefer. I guess I like 'em bolder...
I've tried 4 or 5 bowls now, but may end up giving the leaf away, I don't imagine I will like it better in the future.
Strange - I can definitely state it's of good quality, but a bit uninteresting to my palate.

View attachment 329773

View attachment 329774
Great lookin' 314!

DesertDan

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2022
Tucson, AZ
My order of Warped Saint Espresso arrived today so I cracked open one of the tins, stuffed a cob full of it and fired it up.
This stuff is a ribbon/shag cut and was a perfect moisture level, I "codger-scooped" it in there so it did need a bit more fire to set the ember but once it did, it burned fine the rest of the way through the bowl.
It smoked smooth and cool and there was no tongue bite at all.
There is no doubt that this is a full Cavandish blend. Volumes of creamy smoke so thick you could almost chew it. The predominate flavors to me were cream and dark brown sugar with a slightly bitter undertone that is reminiscent of dark roasted coffee drunk black.
The sweetness is just right, not overpowering and the earthiness of the tobacco does come through a bit. There is no hint of chocolate or molasses in this.
The retrohale and room note of this blend is glorious!

Status
Not open for further replies.