PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
After a couple of rowdy Saturdays in a row in the neighborhood, I finally got some peace and quiet. Decided to celebrate the occasion with C&D Opening Night in a Peterson Irish Harp 80s blasted dawg, paired with a Sam Smith organic lager. Lovely! 9/10

Bird report: California scrub-jay, House finch, Steller's jay, California towhee, White-breasted nuthatch, Oak titmouse, Northern goshawk, Red-tailed hawk, American crow, Hairy woodpecker, and Western bluebird.

irish harp.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, orange roughy and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've passed the quarter mark of this bowl of aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Rockies game, and DVRing the rest of the Orioles-Rays game.
Comoy's_Sutliff_CorinthianDe-Luxe_126 pot .jpg

Sandblast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2023
Mendota Heights, Dakota Country, MN
Nice pipe. I also struggle with Burleys, but really enjoy Le Petit Robin. I tried it only because it is grown in Belgium
KORNEY said:
Keep trying to understand Burly tobacco still without success yet…

I have a good "stash" of various Burleys but don't smoke them "straight" too much, also. But I value them for how they can really enhance Virginias, if blended 50/50 .... plus, also, with Oriental (Turkish), Perique, etc.
Haven't seen mso489 here for a while but he's mentioned this several times.

Last edited:

Sandblast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2023
Mendota Heights, Dakota Country, MN
Starting the closing process on my new home today. Enjoying Burley flake 4 in my sms whilst doing so. Can't wait to get out of this tent. Also waiting for another new meer to arrive soon!!!
A new home, whether "new" new or even a century old home, is always great.
The anticipation & excitement of a new home is probably close to the anticipation & excitement of getting that new meer.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Starting the closing process on my new home today. Enjoying Burley flake 4 in my sms whilst doing so. Can't wait to get out of this tent. Also waiting for another new meer to arrive soon!!!
Just when you were getting the whole “homeless pipe guy” vibe down (which by the way would be a great YouTube channel).

All kidding aside, that’ll be awesome-may the closing go well.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
SE WI
A new home, whether "new" new or even a century old home, is always great.
The anticipation & excitement of a new home is probably close to the anticipation & excitement of getting that new meer.
Agree to all! Can't wait for either! Haha. I'm buying a "manufactured home" ("trailer" is no longer used I guess) it's a 2025 model, so I'll be the first owner! And "community" is now the proper term, not "trailer park" 🤣

But that meer! Oh I have plans for that meer.....I think.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Agree to all! Can't wait for either! Haha. I'm buying a "manufactured home" ("trailer" is no longer used I guess) it's a 2025 model, so I'll be the first owner! And "community" is now the proper term, not "trailer park" 🤣
It could always be worse, everyday above ground is by the grace of what I choose to call god.
My house has two VIN’s-but also my horses are 25yds from my porch.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and passing the first third of this bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Cleaned a few pipes, and fed Molly Danger. Sleepy Suzy is by my side.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.