Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
2021 Amphora Virginia in a Pete PSB Strand

53356038795_1ac2f19cd3_k.jpg

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Trying to set three point lift feedback, GH&Co Rum Flake in a Ropp J11P. There’s a J04 from SPcom overdue (UPS is claiming “railroad emergency” for the delay), and I landed a Mid Century M318 blasted Dublin of fleabay that’s on the way too.IMG_1744.jpeg

Cops were too lazy to pull a large tree limb another 8ft or so to actually clear the public right of way, so I got a couple hours’ overtime and had the Ropp full of GH&Co Dark BirdsEye out saving the public.
IMG_1750.jpeg

Enjoyed a smoke of my Dark Sails mix in the Peterson Sportsman 87 driving across the reservation on the way home.IMG_1751.jpeg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Connecticut, USA
This morning a wonderful bowl of sutliff 507-C while running an errand. This afternoon I have been experimenting with Sutliff 707 Sweet Virginia. Straight out of the bag it burns fast and hot with some bite. Rubbed out and packed slowly it burns a little slower but still on the hot side. I am drying a couple of rubbed out ounces in a bowl spread out overnight to see if that helps tone it down. I may try a different pipe as well ... trying to decide which one....

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good day all! Started with GH Ennerdale Flake in a dedicated Tilshead smooth footed Cutty with eighth-bent tapered stem. Followed in the afternoon with another bowl of Peterson Elizabethan Mixture in a dedicated Upshall P Dublin with beveled rim and pencil shank with tapered stem.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking C&D Sun Bear Black Locust 2024 (Small Batch) in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer with a black acrylic saddle stem. Going to put my notes together and finish the review. Watching the Orioles-Rays game until the Braves-Rockies game starts.
IMP_2002_Egg.jpg

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Light lunch today. Yesterday, dinner was taken from various wagons at the Northwest Michigan Fair, so just a small English muffin breakfast sandwich for morning, and a sliced pear, Premium crackers and some wedges of Brie for late lunch. I followed this up with a bowl of Nolan’s house blend “Best Cellar” in a Stanwell Treo 86 with a tall glass of local tap (filtered, of course) on the rocks.

IMG_6486.jpeg

This blend deserves a little elaboration. It’s a composed of Cyprian Latakia, Virginia and Orientals and some black Cavenish and “aged” in whiskey barrels assembled by my local brick-and-mortar. It was described at sale as a match for Frog Morton Cellar, once a staple favorite of mine. Well, Frog Morton Cellar it isn’t, but on its own this stuff is … great! Very well done! The proportions of the components are well balanced, the Cyprian is pleasantly condimental, and the Cav adds a little silky space for the whiskey and the tangy orientals to breathe. If there’s humectant, it’s imperceptible, and there’s no trace of “rough edge” throughout the smoke session. The last third of the bowl was a very pleasant magnification of everything that preceded it. Very nice surprise from my local shop!

(Their matchboxes are nice, too.)

Status
Not open for further replies.