PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. It started raining last night, and it's still pouring down with a fair amount of wind. Just glad we have power. We left Daisy the Feral Princess in. The others have scattered to safe spots somewhere outside.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Doc have you posted a pic of your bike? I realize I'm used to seeing your magazine and your great welcome photos but I don't think I've seen your bike yet.
Funny you ask, I realized that I don't take many photos of my bikes. I have plenty of riding photos, but not of the bike.

My old bike is here:
Old bike.jpg
I crashed this one and totalled it out last year. I really miss it, as it is a CVO and completely loaded with features.

Here is my new bike I bought as a replacement for long distance riding:

IMG_7097.jpegNew bike.jpg
I already have over 11,000 miles on it this year. This bike is basically stock.

I also have a custom chopper:
Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 9.13.38 AM.png

Lastly, I have a daily HD that does not have all the long distance crap on it. I don't have a good photo of it, so I will take one later today and post in the WAYS with a pipe later. I have to warn you, I don't clean my bikes, I ride them!

It may seem extravagant to own 3 bikes, but in my defence I will say that I ride them and I can afford them. Pipes and bikes are my passions and my vices. Thanks for asking!

-Doc

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Funny you ask, I realized that I don't take many photos of my bikes. I have plenty of riding photos, but not of the bike.

My old bike is here:
View attachment 328932
I crashed this one and totalled it out last year. I really miss it, as it is a CVO and completely loaded with features.

Here is my new bike I bought as a replacement for long distance riding:

View attachment 328933View attachment 328934
I already have over 11,000 miles on it this year. This bike is basically stock.

I also have a custom chopper:
View attachment 328935

Lastly, I have a daily HD that does not have all the long distance crap on it. I don't have a good photo of it, so I will take one later today and post in the WAYS with a pipe later. I have to warn you, I don't clean my bikes, I ride them!

It may seem extravagant to own 3 bikes, but in my defence I will say that I ride them and I can afford them. Pipes and bikes are my passions and my vices. Thanks for asking!

-Doc
Thanks for sharing! I don't think you'll get much push back (at least legitimately) from the guys on here about owning 3 bikes since I don't know of anyone here who only smoke out of pipe. I still dream of one day owning something like an Iron 883 but I should probably learn how to ride first...

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Prince Albert in a 2020 smooth light brown, slight bent J. Everett straight grain chubby author with a spalted birch ferrule and a black saddle vulcanite stem in the military mount style. For some strange reason, Daisy the Feral Princess wanted to go outside, so I let her. Tomato the Brave and Harry the Hairy were at the door, so I let Tomato in to eat, and he was very hungry. Harry ate outside although I know he wanted in, and while I can't blame him for that, I can't let him in. Daisy decided hard rain and wind were not for her, so she ran back inside. After Tomato ate, he was all over the den and kitchen, back and forth, back and forth, and he just didn't seem to be able to settle down. I have plenty of things to do here, so I put him out to save what little sanity that I have this morning. ;) Daisy is at my feet while Sleepy Suzy is by my side. Molly Danger is in bed with m'lady. Dunno where Abner the Eager is.
J.Everett_Author.jpg

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
0B7FADCD-96CB-48D7-AC5E-5D56B11293C5_1_201_a.jpegIl Ceppo, rusticated, with Balkin Plug on a mildly warm morning, somewhere in the Low Desert. Aliens and debauchery are all to common here as is the oppressive heat of the afternoon. A morning pipe, meditation on God's word, and taking stock of everything good gives the crystal blue skies, palm trees, and vast and huge mountains that surround this place the proper frame to start one's day. Although I am not Catholic, a few Our Fathers and prayers for those whose needs are greater than mine remind me to be humble and patient with myself and those I love as well as those I must pray to have love for.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. The Braves-Brewers game will start in a half hour, so I'm going to clean the kitchen in the mean time. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg