PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in an approx. year 1935 small, straight smooth dark brown Irish Free State K&P (Peterson) billiard with a shamrock nickel cap military mount and tapered black vulcanite stem. This finishes the tin. I'll revisit this blend later. The thunderstorms have moved in, so no more walking today. I just managed to get the trash and recycle cans to the street before the rain came. I also brought Daisy the Feral Princess and Abner the Eager in so they wouldn't have to deal with the weather. Tomato the Brave is hiding somewhere, and unfortunately, I can't let Harry the Hairy in because he doesn't play well with other cats. Now, I'm going to finish reading yesterday's baseball box scores.
Irish Free State_MMbilliard_1935.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of year 2014 Uhle’s 00 in a straight smooth brown post-WW2 LHS Purex Superfine 74 Canadian with a metal screw-in tenon and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Sleepy Suzy is by my side. Molly Danger is snoozin' under a blanket in the bedroom.
LHS Purex Superfine 74 Canadian.jpg

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
2019 FVF in a Pete ‘23 POY X160

53109698421_2ff0cf3d45_k.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2021 first production Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Watching the Braves-Phillies game.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

marlow-se

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2022
Sweden
Today I have tried out my new meer, my only figural. I figured I should have one since I have become a meer fan. Carved by Cosgun.

First bowl was Greve Hamilton, then Brookfield No. 1 and I finished up with Samuel Gawith Palace Gate.

I really like Palace Gate even though I was apprehensive since I had read a description somewhere that said it has coconut flavoring. It seems to be a rare SG tobacco sadly. I could definitely see it being a big player in my rotation if it was more easily available.

1000011656.jpg

1000011657.jpg

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
IMG_8695.jpegPipe by Lee, two star, with my newest blend, 73s. A mild English-American blend of Virginias, Green River Cavendish’s, Latakia, Perique, and several Orientals, with a bit of cherry. How will it eventually settle out? I have high hopes. If it does, I will happily add it to my KBN-3989 line of tobacco.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
View attachment 333135Pipe by Lee, two star, with my newest blend, 73s. A mild English-American blend of Virginias, Green River Cavendish’s, Latakia, Perique, and several Orientals, with a bit of cherry. How will it eventually settle out? I have high hopes. If it does, I will happily add it to my KBN-3989 line of tobacco.
Looks fez worthy.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Looks fez worthy.
It certainly is Lee worthy. I am enjoying a quiet weekend in my fortress of solitude along the Colorado River. Life is indeed beautiful and good. 😊 The blend already appears to be an all day smoke. The cherry adds a nice room note and a bit of flavor to what probably shakes out as a Balkan English American blend. It smokes well to my Midwest sensibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.