PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 67/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Reading baseball box scores.
4AB_Rusticated_67.jpg

DKpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2023
Denmark
I do miss my Meers. These Briars smoke really good though. And while I don't baby my Meers, I don't risk traveling with them.
I can follow you. I also don't baby my Meerschaums, but I have travelled with my Meers many times.
Next month I'm going for a two weeks holiday in Rhodes (Greece) and I'm not planning to bring any Briars - only three (maybe four) Altinay Meerschaums - I know it works for me 😁

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and have passed the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2018 full bend smooth Terracotta Peterson XL315 System Standard military mount with a nickel cap and a flared black vulcanite p-lip stem. I may end the day with this smoke.
Peterson_XL315_Terracotta.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Last smoke of the day is year 2020 Angler's Dream in a 2018 natural smooth medium bend Peterson 03 apple silver spigot military mount with a tapered black acrylic fish tail stem. Tomato the Brave showed up late for his wet food, but to my surprise, he didn't eat much. He's inside for a few minutes. Still no Abner the Eager, and more surprisingly, no Harry the Hairy. I can't remember the last time I was outside, and he wasn't here. Harry ate well earlier so I'm not worried about him. Have a few more box scores to read.
Peterson03_Natural_Spigot_2Stems.jpg

thebriarbear

Lurker
Aug 15, 2024
New York City
Smoking some 507C in this Peterson Irish Harp 406 that has seen better days.

I dunno if this was when QC at Peterson was iffy, but this pipe came to me with so much stain on it you couldn’t even touch it without it coming off. I fired up a bowl and it was like the briar just didn’t want to be stained.

Smokes great, though, even though it looks like a malignant growth of some sort.
IMG_0146.jpeg