PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sandblast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2023
Mendota Heights, Dakota Country, MN
Friday Night Enjoyment:
In a Peterson System Standard 309 Donegal Rocky Fish Tail - enjoying some Mac Baren Mixture Scottish Blend that I misted with some Johnnie Walker Red Label about 3 months ago. Periodically, I'd open the tin, stir it up a bit, then cover it again. I used an older McClelland tin with the plastic lid. This experiment turned out good.
I'm planning on another try with rum ... using some Virginia with a touch of Perique & Latakia. Assuming this also turns out good, I'm thinking of another future experiment with some good Canadian Whisky.

1724464963740.png1724465156712.png

Sandblast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2023
Forgot to mention = my (above) Friday Night Enjoyment is being accompanied with a bottle of Mickey's Malt Liquor. Somebody earlier on this thread posted a pic of a bottle of Mickey's and me being easily influenced by the Power of Suggestion thought "Hmm, I haven't had Mickey's for a long time" --- hence, an immediate purchase of a 6-pack with subsequent visceral enjoyment. Anybody doubting my capability to be influenced by a pic should see my reaction to a pic of a bowl of chili ... which, by the way, there's a pan that's been simmering on the stove last two hours.

1724466097178.png1724466119339.png

Sandblast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2023
Specially for @Sandblast:
I’m having some of my Dark Sails mixture (3Sails/DFK/507S) in an AND mini meer billiard, and I was actually able to give Gracie a whiff and capture her reaction.
Love it (!!!). Appreciate these pics that explain your earlier comments.
But with Gracie being "the Lady in the yard", and thinking what's involved for me when trying to pick out just the right kind of Valentine's Day candy for the Lady Friend, I'm wondering if this Dark Sails mixture was destined for her Thumb's Down? NOTE: Good thing it wasn't a Balkan! Not that I'm trying to tell you anything about girls.

Maybe her reaction would be different with something sweeter, such as:

1724471899936.png or 1724471974817.png