Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Larry's Espresso #9, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast wwith a big peach on the side. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of Hearth & Home AJ’s Vaper in a pre-1952 Sutliff Falcon 372 (made by Comoy’s) smooth light brown straight bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Going to the studio to do a little work.
Comoy's_Sutliff_Falcon372_Bulldog.jpg

tirefire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Virginias and Vapers
The new journey into Virginias and VaPers continued this month. Decided pretty early that I prefer Union Square over HH Virginia Flake as I found myself reaching for the former over the latter. I could smoke Union Square every day - good stuff. Old Dark Fired was added to Virginia Flake definitely gave the mix some backbone that I like. Tried my first VaPer, Telegraph Hill . . . Weird how a tin note of vinegar tastes like black pepper, especially on the retrohale. After several bowls, I am underwhelmed and decided to let it age some. I did take a bit of it and added some ODF and like the mix a bit better.

Englishes and Balkans
Not much change in the standings this month, Quiet Nights remains in the top spot, followed by Royal Blend and Cambridge Flake. Others on the list are Balkan Supreme, Tashkent, Maltese Falcon (cannot get past the "ginger" topping - what does MF taste like without it?), and Chelsea Morning. I do have an unopen tin of Meridian to see if it can crack the top 3.

Other
I had a tin of Pegasus that I wasn't getting any satisfaction from (even ODF didn't help much). BUT, I added in some Black Virginia and ended up with my very own codger blend!

Status
Not open for further replies.