PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch City Rhythm and Blues in an Altinay translucent meerschaum billiard

I keep very strict records of my pipes and tobacco. Having said that, it is still difficult to say how many different tobacco I have smoked because I may have a couple of bowls before cellaring a tobacco. It gets further complicated because I have received a few samples from others.

I still calculated and estimated the number of tobacco today. I can say I have tasted 150+ different tobacco (My cellar record says 143) from a possible 210+ (Cellar record says 205)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, barramundi and green beans dinner with a small scoop of double chocolate ice cream for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2012 St. James Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Tanshell octagonal paneled EK F/T billiard with a square shank and tapered black vulcanite stem. Haven't smoked SJF or this pipe that I dedicated to it in quite some time. But, I decided to have a Dunhill evening, and this is a good place to start, especially since I have nine pounds of 2012 SJF.
Dunhill_1968Tanshell_Billiard.jpg

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
- Footie’s back!!!

Cheers!

View attachment 161090
Indeed it is @Tar Wheel. Enjoyed seeing Arteta's boys on the opening day. Liverpool kick off tomorrow at 4:30 am my time. On another note, I've had a few bowls of Anthology now and quite enjoy it. Seems smoother and sweeter than my most familiar VaPer which is Elizabethan. Very pleasant.

Last edited:

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
This morning Country Squire Old Toby in the Barontini 1/2 spigot bent billiard (20mmx52mmchamber) with charcoal filter, acrylic stem - simply the best combo for me.

This evening Old Toby in the Vauen Olaf bent egg (20mmx46mm chamber) charcoal filter, acrylic stem ... the button on the Olaf is more pronounced on the bottom and perfect for hanging off the front bottom teeth ... I know that is a heresy on some threads here but its very comfortable with this pipe. I normally don't smoke to bottom of bowl but tonight it remained tasty throughout so I did.

The yellow and blue butterfly found another yellow and blue butterfly ... the future looks yellow and blue ! Brutally hot and humid here in New England through Tuesday. (real feel 97-100+) Awaiting some rain tomorrow afternoon but still praying for snow and hail !! :ROFLMAO:

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
Evening pipes: Bayou Morning Flake - I bailed on it 1/3 of the way through. I just bought the tin and it needs more time to sit. Not much flavor. Second pipe was Bijou. I picked up a tin of it at my local B&M. It was an ‘18. That was better, but still did not do a tonne for me. Somewhat of a strike out tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.