PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
@dino I could sure use a shmeck tobacco. A shmeck for a schmuck. How 'bout that! Or, I could just shut the hell up and stop being obnoxious. I'll go with Option B. ?

Cooled down quite a bit (even rained this morning), so I'm going with Stonehaven in the Foyard Rhodesian, and a cup of Earl Grey. Just placed a phone order with Tobacco Trader, LA's last B&M, and therefore will (blessedly) be gracing the TAD pickup thread for the second time in two weeks. Joy.

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, Common raven, Red-tailed hawk, House finch, Nuttall's woodpecker (female), Mountain chickadee, White-breasted nuthatch, Western kingbird, and some kind of swallow moving much too fast to identify.

Happy weekend to everyone!

foyard.jpg

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
RATTRAYS082022.jpg

Tasting some Sutliff TS24 in my Rattray's White Goddess - getting ready to dig into book 2 of the Dune prequel series.

I bought 2 oz. of this blend to add to a half pound of C&D Oriental Silk ...I am sure my palate is defective in some way, but I totally am not getting enough (if any) oriental flavor in the half pound I've been picking at for a year... the blend is great otherwise.

This bowl is a welcome reprieve from one helluva Friday - my area, a little East of Pittsburgh, got hit with some crazy rains - wishing you folks a pleasant evening!

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
Evening pipes: Bayou Morning Flake - I bailed on it 1/3 of the way through. I just bought the tin and it needs more time to sit. Not much flavor. Second pipe was Bijou. I picked up a tin of it at my local B&M. It was an ‘18. That was better, but still did not do a tonne for me. Somewhat of a strike out tonight.

I have found that tins/cans really need a couple weeks to 'open up' - it sounds like such nebulous, cork-sniffing bullshit, in a way, but I have found this to be true with C&D tins, especially ...I don't know if it's a humidity thing, magic, or other process ...but there's something to it.

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
Peterson Irish Flake in a Peterson System Standard B42. This is probably one of the larger pipes I own and I've found that when I have the time to rub out a Burley flake,, let it dry, and pack it in this pipe, I have some of my more leisurely and enjoyable smokes.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2014 Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster in a smooth straight brown 1950 Dunhill 48 bulldog group 4 root briar with a black vulcanite fish tail saddle stem. Gold Star Hawaiian Kona Extra Fancy, neat,is my drink.
Dunhill_1950_root-bulldog48.jpg

VDL_Piper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
FYI, those pipe wind caps really do work in situations like yours. This is the one I use:
View attachment 161173
Yes they do. I had one on a cob just the other day in gale force winds and it not only stopped the embers from flying but also dramatically altered the chimney effect that one usually encounters in strong winds.

Status
Not open for further replies.