PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am a third of the way through this bowl of Angler's Dream in a 2018 natural smooth medium bend Peterson 03 apple silver spigot military mount with a tapered black acrylic fish tail stem. Have enough AD left for a larger bowl. Reading baseball box scores while listening to Our Miss Brooks.
Peterson03_Natural_Spigot_2Stems.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Have always been curious about this blend. How does it compare to Reiner 71 or Orlik Golden? Cheers.
It's not like the two you mention because it's a straight Virginia with a light honeydew topping. OGS has a citrus topping and a pinch of perique. Reiner 71 is a VaBur.

Here is my review of it:
There’s some darker flake in the mix with the golden which offer a bit of very tart and tangy citrus, some bread, lots of straw and grass, as well as a little fermented tangy ripe dark, sugary fruit, sour lemon, earth, wood, and a pinch of spice, along with an occasional hint of tart sourness and acidity. The light honey dew topping contributes to the experience without muting the inherent characteristics of the Virginias. The strength level is a step past the center of mild to medium while the taste falls a hair short of medium. The nic-hit is in the center of mild to medium. No chance of bite or harshness, but there is a slight rough edge. The mildly moist flakes easily break apart to suit your preference. Burns cool, clean and a little slow with a very consistent, rich, deep flavor from top to bottom. Leaves little moisture in the bowl, and requires some relights. Has a pleasantly lightly lingering after taste and room note. Can be an all day smoke. Formerly known as Virginia Honeydew Flake.

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good day all! Starting with Peterson 3P's in an Upshall sandblast Dublin with smooth rim and eighth-bent stem. Saving St. Bruno RR for Sunday - today is Sunday. [Sorry for the typo yesterday of "BTH" for "BTW"; been stocking up on Perique blends ahead of Hurricane Ida's imminent peril to the Home of Perique and praying that they at least get the casks to higher ground].

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
Out on the deck enjoying Gawith Hoggarth Dark Plug in a BriarWorks prince. This pipe is typically dedicated to Dark Flake scented and Rum Flake, so every once in awhile it is interesting to load it with an unscented plug or flake for a little extra “something”. Kona coffee fresh from the French press…just enjoying what’s left of the weekend!
53F21C6F-440B-4E72-87CE-69A56D75BA10.jpeg

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Rattray’s Brown Clunee in an E. Andrew Bridge.

613130-B6-262-A-4-F57-8440-58-FE4-CA7-AAB6.jpg

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Although I've been 'dealing' with a bladder infection for the last 3 weeks or so, I still manage to get out with my pipe(s) on early morning lunts around the neighborhood before sunrise. The route I use is about a mile or so.
I've walked it 4x's this a.m. with the same mix in different pipes. My first walk started at about 1:30 a.m. today.
The mix consists of Cockstrong/J-4 burley, and dark stoved VA. I used a Pride with a P lip stem, a Benten Select 1/4 bulldog, a smooth straight group 3 Linkman's Tru-Grain, and a shortish Grabow Westbrook wire rusticated straight pot.
My current favorite pipe is a straight Linkman's Deluxe with a smooth, Dulinish Billiard bowl and fully rounded rim.

"Researchers have also shown that our wandering bodies make our minds wander too. On a walk, our brain waves slow down. The underlying spontaneous fluctuations bubble up more easily, creating experiences of spontaneous thoughts and associations that seem to come from nowhere. We often call them "moments of inspiration."

Status
Not open for further replies.