PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Western Isles

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Tennessee
I like that pipe a lot. Would you post a clearer photo of it?
Let's try again. Incidentally, I may start a thread on Father Goose as another pipe movie. The director showed the passage of time by having Trevor Howard smoking a different pipe every time he got on the radio to Cary Grant.

Anyway, my old pipes/old movies obsession aside, here's the Loewe:
Loewe billiard.JPG

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Welcome back everyone, i hope y'all doing well , after 3 month of smoking RYO cigarette ( i was smoking kendal black at least hehe ) i kicked my butt and start smoking a pipe on a regular once again . Now i'm enjoying a black roasted coffee with a pipeful of Whisky Twist from Gawith & Hoggarth inside my beloved Castello Old Antiquari . Cheers ! Be ready for more Meerschaum & Lakeland post from now on .

View attachment 94836
Welcome back brother

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
Is that your own prick? (That doesn't sound right! Lol) That's the finest example of a Navy Prick I've seen. Who were JW? If you don't mind me asking.
Good Morning. Kendal Plug in a GBD.
View attachment 94774
Yes, it's my 'prick' although I prefer the French word 'carrotte' as a description.

For more about the history of this style of packaging here's a short video

J. W. Nelson

jwussow

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 7, 2021
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
I am enjoying a nice Va/Per. 99% of the time, I smoke English blends. I have not had much luck with Va/Pers, but I just tried some I had in my cellar in a very small clay pipe for the first time in ages. It was thoroughly enjoyable. I think the small surface are of the bowl helped mellow it out, and it stayed nice and cool. I think I found my solution to smoking Va/Pers!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
C&D Opening Night w/the final dust of my sample of PS Luxury Navy Flake in a Savinelli Miele 611 KS bent dublin. Drinking a Moscow Mule, celebrating my parents' 45th anniversary one day early. Bird report: California scrub-jay, Stellar's jay, Oak titmouse, House finch, Northern flicker, Common raven, California towhee, and a squad of Band-tailed pigeons much earlier than the rest of their ilk. I can feel the death grip of summer being loosened...I'll drink to that! ????

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad and pot roast dinner. Dessert was a slice of freshly made blackberry pie and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-Giants game.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.