PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
PS Bullseye Flake in a Ryan Alden Bulldog from my Matching Eight Day Set

View attachment 91082

Gorgeous 8-Day set there, the bulldog in particular I think might be my favorite.

So... One bowl a day, and a double on Sunday? Or what's your system here...

- - -

First smoke of the day is Marlin Flake in this cob by Michael Morgason with a big cup of coffee on the side.
View attachment 91089

That's a great cob, near perfect proportionally.

- - -

good night folks!! after a good salad for dinner, now, Little Snake in a Tom Eltang "The Cutty" Natural

View attachment 91103

and ready to watch the second chapter of season two Varg Veum, "Black sheep"

View attachment 91104

The more I see it, the more I can a "natural vergin" Eltang!

- - -

Trying to get some color on this Nate King meerschaum prince. Today, burning a bowl of this underrated gem: ESO St. Ives.

4orNQ2Bl.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2000 Wessex Brigade Sovereign Curly Cut in a smooth straight Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Gorgeous 8-Day set there, the bulldog in particular I think might be my favorite.

So... One bowl a day, and a double on Sunday? Or what's your system here...

- - -

That's a great cob, near perfect proportionally.

- - -

The more I see it, the more I can a "natural vergin" Eltang!

- - -

Trying to get some color on this Nate King meerschaum prince. Today, burning a bowl of this underrated gem: ESO St. Ives.

4orNQ2Bl.jpg
Eight Days because I need more than seven to get stuff done.

In actuality I rarely smoke the same pipe back to back in any day.

I’ve actually smoked the entire set in a day. Multiple times.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Dan, instead of "downing" that wonderful Condor, why not slow down to really taste it? You will smoke a LOT less tobacco and maybe enjoy it more. Every day does not need to be a practice in speed smoking ... ?
@weezell I only did it with 1 or 2 bowls on a day; when I tell people that I won the competition I entered and doing another next year!
I did smoke most of my Condor more slowly but still have this fear of my pipe going out...
At the other end of the speed scale I'd like to see how long I can get without relighting.
The most I've ever managed is 24 minutes with a clay pipe of Condor Ready Rubbed; usually around 5-10min is more usual for me.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Late afternoon bowl of St. Bruno RR in it's dedicated small tan Tilshead Dublin with tilted smooth rim and flattened shank and stem.
@JimK I enjoyed the St. Bruno Ready Rubbed in my clay pipes; not buying any more St Bruno Flake due to its excess plastic packaging though as the flakes are in a sealed non recyclable plastic tray with a plastic foil lid.
Some St. Bruno logos with the St. Bernard dog ? from the old advertising would be great for a project I'm working on though...

Status
Not open for further replies.