PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Ashdigger; where do you get all those cool estate Calabash pipes?

Rattray's Old Gowrie in a Hobbit Cob
HvHS7f6.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
HU Manyara in Christine, this is my favourite HU blend so far.
I’ve been watching the Olympics and I love most sports but the sight of men in Lycra is really something I could do without. No one looks good in it regardless of who they are or the sport they’re participating in, personally I’d rather cycle/run slower and not look like such a ...... I won’t say it, I don’t want to offend any Lycra fetishists out there. ?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A really strange mix, polishing off the C&D Stratfordshire (almost) with a mix of Amphora Burley and C&D black Cavendish and cigar leaf, though it's not too bad, in a Stanwell 86 pot, the Sixten Iverrson design for a mass produced factory pipe, an industrial design contract for him. It's a compact pipe with sufficient bowl.

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
A really strange mix, polishing off the C&D Stratfordshire (almost) with a mix of Amphora Burley and C&D black Cavendish and cigar leaf, though it's not too bad, in a Stanwell 86 pot, the Sixten Iverrson design for a mass produced factory pipe, an industrial design contract for him. It's a compact pipe with sufficient bowl.
When you mix in the cigar leaf do you let it sit for a while or just smoke it right away? I just received a sample of C&D Chopped Cigar Leaf.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Ashdigger; where do you get all those cool estate Calabash pipes?

Rattray's Old Gowrie in a Hobbit Cob
HvHS7f6.jpg
I get lucky. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it’s true. I travel for work quite a bit and when I get to my hotel and settled down I surf eBay and a few others just surfing and looking. I don’t have saved searches but here are the three most productive search phrases I used. 1. Cased Pipes. 2. Briar Pipes. Briar pipes with Amber. Of course all searches are in Tobacciana. I’m sure there are more efficient ways and higher payoff routes, but these work for me. My interest is in pre-WW2 pipes and with that comes benefits and drawbacks. An example is bone tenons. They predominantly have a restricted draw compared to modern pipes. But, to me, the juice is worth the squeeze. I hope this long winded screed helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.