PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a very tasty lunch, and am not far from finishing this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Match Elizabethan from PC in a BC straight rusticated billiard with a tapered stem and silver colored band, a Rocaille series pipe. This blend is currently my favorite Virginia based blend, nicely balanced, tasty, with no edges. jiminks, that's the first Mountain Laurel pipe I've seen or heard mentioned on Forums. The N.C. pipe carver Jerry Perry still works in Mountain Laurel along with briar and some other woods. I have several of his pipes in Mountain Laurel, as well as some in briar, and one in cocobolo.
I have a couple more from the WWII period. Good smoking pipes.

Sanzini

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2021
Bristow, VA
From earlier...

Good morning all! Got an extra early start this morning, so I’m taking a little break.
I’ve been waiting to break these in - the pipe and the tobacco, so why not put ‘em together!? Orlik GS is fantastic as advertised. The Bjarne, courtesy of Marty Pulvers, is an easy smoke with a wonderful open draw. Enjoying on the patio with a cup o’ English Breakfast. Oh - and I cut a bit too much GS, so I went ahead and packed and charred the rest in a Savinelli for later. Am I doing this right?
☺️

Cheers!
IMG_5538.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2017 Esoterica Dorchester in a straight smooth brown 1920s KBB Rocky Briar 1582 patent no.298978 with a B in a circle bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Cleaning estate pipes as I listen to the Marlins-Mets game.
KBB Kaywoodie_Rocky1582-bulldog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.