PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.

atomic

Might Stick Around
Nov 27, 2019
Orange County, CA
It is drier today, not as hot or humid, with an ever so slight cool breeze. Thus I finally felt the call to pull out C&D's Habana Daydream to smoke in an artisan Fat Bastard nose warmer crafted by Alex, an affable and very communicative pipe maker in Denmark. It's a large 'extended play' pipe that smokes wonderfully. It has been rather lonely as I have dedicated it to the few latakia blends I still enjoy.

IMG_20200823_155034161_2.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Raining heavily here; only got one pipeful left in my open packet so I'm saving it for when the rain stops!
At least the wind kept my fire stoked and I got a bit of warmth from the clay pipe; the smoke was warming as well!
I know I wouldn't normally but I took a mouthful of pipe smoke down into my lungs to get my fire going!
I'm saving my other blends for a special occasion!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did some snacking, and am now smoking Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth straight late ‘50s, early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Chatting with the fella who gifted me the pipe.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Hello all! Been insanely busy and haven't smoked/posted in a while so....

Chose some GH&C Cherry Cream Flake for the first smoke in this skull with tentacles meer by artist Ismail Celebi meer with a glass of Navarre Vieille Reserve Cognac. This is one heckuva pipe! A little on the heavy side. So much so that it hurts to try to clench it. Also, this is an outstanding Cognac! Probably my favorite spirit overall.

IMG_20200824_222824354.jpg

IMG_20200824_223310467.jpg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
I had a late afternoon smoke, with my own Dino's Mixture (FVF, University Flake, 50 year old Latakia and Mahalla and a hint of Samovar) in the Peterson Pipe of the Year 2002, that my wife bought me at the Grafton Street store, during our 2002 Ireland trip. A glass of Honey Jack with bergs slaked my thirst.

PPOY 2002.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Is it possible to enjoy a clay pipe without getting addicted?
I've probably been smoking a bit more than normal since I got the gift pipes & baccy, but I've only bought one packet (when I went to the Co-Op to post a parcel).
Some advice I've given myself includes:
1) Don't take your pipes out.
2) Don't take any money with you.
3) Don't go to shops that sell pipe tobacco (or don't go to the tobacco counter).

Status
Not open for further replies.