PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
After a lovely pork chop dinner having some Condor in the Bullcap with coffee, dram and a choccy. It's cold outside so the whisky bottle is being kept handy as I've still to take the dogs out.

WP-20200829-017.jpg

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
I am just curious but it looks like the chamber of the briar pipe is immaculate and unsmoked - I assume this is a trick of the lighting used to take the picture. The meerschaum 'cutty' looks to be a standard 5 1/2". Is the stem a replacement or original? Any idea who made it or is it one of those generic Austrian pipes that seem to surface quite often? BTW love your broken clay pipe collection. Thames Mud Larking or Victorian dump digging?
* Mainly smoking Calabashes nowadays.
* No maker's marks on the meer or on its case . . . as for the stem it's got HAND CUT STEM embossed around close to where it screws into the shank . . . as for it being original to the pipe I can't be sure but my feeling is that it is.
* Clay pipe portions c.1580 - c. 1800 on the left lower shelf were collected the lazy way and picked up from The House of Pipes auction in 1991 although it did take some travelling to get to the auctions from where I live.

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful trout with garlic green beans dinner with strawberries and cherries for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through the last of this sample of J.F. Germain’s Rich Dark Flake in a 1998 smooth medium bend Peterson Limerick 69 with a nickel band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Community Coffee is my drink. Watching a PBS documentary about King Henry VIII.

Status
Not open for further replies.