PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Enjoying a small bowl RB Plug with a cup of expresso whilst I decide if I will open a new pack of Warrior Plug or wait till Tuesday since that is the start of the new month. My pipe of choice is a 4 1/2" meerschaum 'cutty' with faux amber stem made by some French pipe maker around the turn of the century. I got so many 'Likes' from yesterdays Lady Bird children's early learning book I thought I would finish the series off for August with this gem!

View attachment 41211
I think I saw this on an episode of Phineas and Ferb

Jun 23, 2019
Storm still coming down, no sun on the horizon. So it's a short stick for my short game: Aging Room Quattro F55

4zQluEgl.jpg

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Happened to catch a tin of Dunbar at the local B&M. Trying it for the first time in a Peterson Deluxe System 20s, and... I don't get it. Oh well, will keep puffing and maybe it's charms will appear for me.
My recollection of Dunbar is a more subtle VaPer. Better with age and sipped super slow. Not in your face or bold. Others maybe able to give more perspective. Haven’t smoked it in many years but have a lb of well aged stock on hand.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
My recollection of Dunbar is a more subtle VaPer. Better with age and sipped super slow. Not in your face or bold. Others maybe able to give more perspective. Haven’t smoked it in many years but have a lb of well aged stock on hand.
I am enjoying it a bit more now that I'm in the middle of the bowl. I think you're right that it's more on the subtle side, and I wasn't really expecting that based on the rich and fruity tin note.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
@halfdan just in case you fancy an evolutionary step up in 'Clay Pipe World' you might want to search these guys out from Germany as they make an excellent clay pipe with a modern stem, aluminum band which acts as a heat exchanger and makes it really easy to clean. Just a thought my friend......

View attachment 41242
What’s the brand name and/or where can those clays be found?

Status
Not open for further replies.