PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I'm not sure how big this pipe's draft hole was drilled initially, but day before yesterday or maybe before that... recently I fired up my Savinelli since I've been smoking this pipe so long and the draw was so much better. I also noticed lately having issues in this one with loss of flavor and that it seemed to be smoking hotter than it should.

Maybe over time my meer was choking up and it was just so slow I didn't notice, so last night I decided to get after the draft hole with the drill bits. I pulled the mortise insert and looked inside—it didn't look clogged and it passed cleaners with ease. Still, started with 7/64" and some gunk cleaned out, but it spun easy by hand. Bumped up to 1/8" and it was wanting to hang up hand turning, but eventually it started spinning free, only pulling carbon and gunk. Finally, moved up to the 9/64" and went slow and steady. It took out a very thin sliver of the actual meat.

Now she's smoking much easier and better than I ever remember it smoking, and I can properly taste this blend like I hadn't been before.

PXL_20240415_194249817.jpg

Last edited:

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
@Speak Easy Need to get some more pipeweed to smoke in mine; no more ciggies for me - they're full of nasty chemicals & toxins. No wonder people who smoke them get so wheezy and out of breath!
@The Clay King good to hear! I smoked them off and on until I was in my early thirties. I’ve been done with them for a little over a decade now. Don’t miss them one bit.

filmguerilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2022
Memphis, Tennessee
First time trying Comoy's Cask No. 1. A lot less latakia and more Virginia sweetness than I was expecting. Nice mild leather and subtle smoke flavor/scent that makes it a great morning smoke. I'll probably just go through this tin (paint can) for my morning smoke until gone. The pipe here is a Barling TVF Giant, a huge billiard that easily smokes an hour plus, with a nice, deep blast.

Untitled.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of a bowl left of Watch City English Ernie-ental in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_Canadian264.jpg

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Relaxing on a park bench having an afternoon pipe of C&D Haunted Bookshop, in a Dr. Grabow Lark. Haunted Bookshop is one of those blends that I absolutely love the flavor of but can only smoke small bowls of it, since I find it really abrasive on the throat and any more than a small bowl will leave me with a sore throat for the rest of the day. Still, it's definitely an all time favorite blend of mine!puffy

IMG20240415164210~2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.