PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Just finished some "Mystery blend #2" in a Savinelli dry system with water to drink. Both mystery blends were flakes and seemed similar to me. Still learning the ins and outs of flakes and need to make sure I dry them enough. Can't wait to find out what these were at the end of the month.
Please share what the mystery blends are at the end of the month. I'm intrigued by the concept.

I'm also intrigued by the Mutton Chop Piper smoke of the month club promotion with Boswells (I think) where he lists a tobacco of the month with a 1 ounce purchase and people review it online. Decent in theory but I'm curious how it works in practice.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
1999 Old Gowrie in my Jesse Jones bamboo billiard. I just got this pipe back today, after 5 years I decided to try out Blue Room Briars’ lifetime refurbishment program for the first time. Turnaround was only about a week and the cleanup was expert- not a micron of material out of place on the stem. Makes sense as Jesse is the one doing the restoration!

048336AD-C6FD-4B93-BDDA-718D93F9D054.png

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Savinelli: Doblone d'Oro in a Meer...​

Ml5XF6E.jpg

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
Please share what the mystery blends are at the end of the month. I'm intrigued by the concept.

I'm also intrigued by the Mutton Chop Piper smoke of the month club promotion with Boswells (I think) where he lists a tobacco of the month with a 1 ounce purchase and people review it online. Decent in theory but I'm curious how it works in practice.
Tobaccopipes.com should share what they are and as soon as I find out I'll post. Just started trying flake tobaccos and these came in. Its a nice concept. You get to try two blends with no preconceptions.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching Wanted: Dead Or Alive.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg

ZetoMegisti

Lurker
Apr 18, 2022
South Australia
Just finished a bowl of Three Nuns in a F Yavuz Gourd Calabash. I did find the Calabash mutes the flavor, much moreso than the falcon. Thats not to say it wasnt good, it was incredibly mild and cool in the calabash, reminiscent of Broken Scotch Cake.

I think this coin shines in a clay. So i've loaded a Markus Fohr Bishop and Knight clay with it.
Clay.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.